GDT: No Spezza? Inexperienced Defense? Backup Goalie? 5-1 Loss.

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
Background:

Well, as we all now know, Spezza will not be playing tonight, due to surgery on his back. Also, the defense on the Senators features a couple of guys whom nobody outside of Ottawa has likely heard of. Expect each to score at least one goal.

Lineups:

snessystem.jpg

SNES(subject to change):

Michalek--Turris--Alfredsson
Latendresse--Regin--Silvferberg
Greening--Smith--Neil
O'Brien--Zibanejad--Condra

Methot--Karlsson
Phillips--Gonchar
Wiercioch--Benoit

Anderson
Bishop

Carolina Hurricanes (also subject to change):

Fats--Jealous--#Sashacares
Figure Skating Smurf--Sutter+Dumoulin+1st--Better than Boychuk
DrayBo--So Sexy--Why's he on the third line?
Bye Bye Boychuk--3 on 5 Kill--Char LaStud

"One" glass of wine--Our Savior Lord Faulk
The ****ing Jokel--MENDOZA!!!!
Intelligent Interviews--Damn you, JR!

Dan "Vezina" Ellis
Some scrub

Players we'll be seeing:

alf.jpg
LETTER-E.jpg

Daniel Alfredsson

-Alfredsson is the veteran leader that stands for everything Ottawa. Was a strong two-way player during the Pizza Line days with Jason Spezza and Dany "****'n Allstar" Heatley. His play has him currently on the fence of whether or not he gets into the HF-elected HHOF.

---------------------------------------------------
196891814929407734_qZqGQJnx_c.jpg
Machovka_summer_sun.svg

Erik Karlsson

-Karlsson is currently in the NHL record books as the first forward to win the Norris trophy. After posting 78 points in 81 games last year while still being defensively "responsible", the Professional Hockey Writers Association assumed that he was worth changing the rules for who is eligible for the trophy. Karlsson is also responsible for the Hurricanes scouting department choosing to draft a forward of the same name to **** up HF trade proposals.

1fbafe48a0f7013e0ce93ade64f9f189.jpg

Char LaStud

Just look at those dreamy eyes. After a tragic incident involving some unknown food allergy, LaStud was forced to miss practice and cause immediate trade speculation. Fortunately for the PNC faithful, this fan favorite is here to stay for as long as JR is around.

Players we won't be seeing:

image.php

Jason Spezza

After recently having surgery for a herniated disk in his back, Spezza will miss a good chunk of the shortened season. Losing the second best forward on the team (behind Karlsson), the Senators might struggle to generate a consistent offensive threat against the Hurricanes.
x610-21-e1315206092634.jpg

Zach Boychuk

Who am I kidding, he wouldn't be playing even if he weren't claimed by Pittsburgh because he doesn't care and murders hookers. We'll probably re-acquire him after Pittsburgh decides he's not worth anything.

539w.jpg

Cam "Backup" Ward

Does this look like a starting goalie to you? After posting atrocious numbers to this point in the season, Muller has decided to bench him in front of Vezina-caliber goalie Dan Ellis. Almost assuredly this is a sign that Ellis will start the remainder of the games for this season, as the Canes rapidly try to trade Ward's mammoth contract to one of the teams in Mexico.

Prediction:

After goals by Wiercioch and Benoit, Condra will score a natural third-period hat trick with his hands of silk. Chad LaRose blinds the entire Senators roster with his dreamy smile and pops one in the net about midway through the third. 5-1 loss.

Last edited:

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
Okay, I think I'm finally done editing about 15 minutes after I posted this unless there's an error in the lineups or something. That took a lot longer than I thought it would considering how little effort I put towards it.

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Fully expect a loss. Hope I'm wrong, but this just seems like a game we'd lose. Especially if Faulk isn't playing.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
I made food for Karlsson and Zibenjad tonight, so expect big games from them. I swear anybody who has Moe's has a huge game the next time they play, Hurricanes included.

Swag Surf Aho

Find Your Own Style
Jul 2, 2011
Raleigh, NC
Did you make them A Persian or Swedish Dish? Swedish fish, wait what? Zibanejad is half Iranian, ya know. I wonder which half though, luls.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
I know it was Karlsson, and he was talking with a guy in what I assume was Swedish so I'm guessing it was Zibenjad. It happened, but I have no pics :(

Rumcajs

Jul 25, 2010
Ottawa
I know it was Karlsson, and he was talking with a guy in what I assume was Swedish so I'm guessing it was Zibenjad. It happened, but I have no pics :(

Well if it was dark hair it was Zibanejad. Classic Swedish blond it was Silfverberg. If it was an old man..Alfie :laugh:

OntarioFisherman*

prediction: 2.5 two pad stacks by ward.

Does anyone know if there will be dollar hot dogs at this game?

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
I'm going to hammer a beer every time Ward flops and stacks the pads.

Mods, can we get a temporary suspension of bb99's account tonight from 7:00 until at least 11:00? ;)

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Really pumped for this game, I've been in withdrawal. 3 days off in a condensed schedule is absurd.

3-1 loss, but we play a solid game, just can't solve Anderson.

OTT: Turris, Latendresse, Condra

CAR: JStaal

Tony1028

Jan 10, 2008
Raleigh, NC
Chip Alexander ‏@ice_chip
May be reading too much into it but Ward warming up in south net. Usually spot for backup goalie. Ellis at north (starting) end.

Tony1028

Jan 10, 2008
Raleigh, NC
Michael Smith ‏@MSmithCanes
Justin Faulk goes back to work on the #Canes power play. Good sign that he might be in tonight.

eNTe17

Dec 16, 2009
Oslo, Norway
MyZk.gif

got a hunch its gonna be bishop. Played anderson on back to back nights. I doubt they start Anderson. Would think they`re saving him for Montreal on sunday.

(sens fan)

PaulProteus

****ing amaxing dman
Feb 6, 2012
Raleigh, NC
3sta5q_zpse1adb323.jpg

(Old goalie meme updated for these times, rendered useless by tonight's Dan Ellis start.)

Michael Smith @MSmithCanes
Head coach Kirk Muller confirms Ellis starts for the #Canes tonight. Faulk in, Sanguinetti out.

Keys to the game:

Faulk is in.
Ellis is in.

Therefore: 4-1 loss instead of our usual 5-1.

OTT: Karlsson, Turris (2), Alfie
CAR: Char in 3rd period; crowd goes berserk.

UPDATE: ZOMG dollar hot dogs, popcorn and "pop" with the carbonation.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad