Post-Game Talk: No Mrazek = no win (for those confused, I'm not blaming Howard)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Wouldn't blame it on Howard, but Mrazek would have stopped 1 or 2 of the goals for sure. Defense was terrible tonight though. Refs even worse.

Also I said it in the GDT but Richards was awful in the last minute or two. We had some real, actual pressure and a chance to tie the game up. He made two or three terrible decisions with the puck, and had a couple of awful shots on good scoring opportunites.

Nyquist-Z-Dats-Larkin-Green-Tatar should be the 6 guys out there if we want to score.

The Geelee

Jul 27, 2013
0-4-1 past 5 at home. Horrible.

Its becoming pretty obvious that this team needs elite goaltending to win games. They don't score well enough and don't defend well enough on a consistent basis.

Mrazek holds this teams hopes of making the playoffs.

icKx

Vanek 4 Prez
May 7, 2010
Intertubes
Nyquist is invisible.

Green seems so out of sync with the rest of the team. He's pinching while guys are looking for a pass.

Actual Thought*

Boston has picked up at least 1 pt on them tonight. This team is in trouble. I put their chances of making the playoffs at around 40%. Howard or any goalie can't be expected to play once a month and win games for you.

The PP sucks beyond suck still and there obviously isn't going to be an answer for it. I swear they must practice it without skates.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Nyquist is invisible.

Green seems so out of sync with the rest of the team. He's pinching while guys are looking for a pass.

Green knows how to hockey

Half this team doesn't know what a ozone looks like

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Boston has picked up at least 1 pt on them tonight. This team is in trouble. I put their chances of making the playoffs at around 40%. Howard or any goalie can't be expected to play once a month and win games for you.

The PP sucks beyond suck still and there obviously isn't going to be an answer for it. I swear they must practice it without skates.

I'm not a Blashill basher, but I do agree with you that he is totally mishandling the goaltending situation. Howard is a workhorse, he needs to play lots of games. He isn't a Manny Legace guy that can play once a month and dominate. He needs to play.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
I'm not a Blashill basher, but I do agree with you that he is totally mishandling the goaltending situation. Howard is a workhorse, he needs to play lots of games. He isn't a Manny Legace guy that can play once a month and dominate. He needs to play.

It's not his fault Howard sucks and mrazek is good

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills

No, he doesn't. Mrazek is better than Howard and should play the majority of the games. I don't care if it's not 'Howard's fault', when Howard plays, he loses. There's absolutely no reason to take starts away from Mrazek right now with the way Mrazek is playing. Howard will have to figure it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad