No more "free" away games on Rogers?

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
I received an email this morning from the Rangers that as a STH I can get a $20.00 discount to view Rangers away games on TV.
Is this happening in other cities or a total wrong interpretation on my part?
Maybe Rogers thinks there's a higher demand to watch reruns "How to make raisin muffins baking shows"!
Don't miss any of the action when your Kitchener Rangers hit the road. Season Ticket Holders receive an additional $20 off on the “Away Team Pass” by using code: rangers18 at purchase.

Offer available until October 31, 2018.

BUY NOW

Reactions: Torgo

ObscureAlien

May 1, 2016
judging by the link in your post, which re-directs you to the ohl streaming service, i think its web streaming that you could receive a discount for; not your cable subscription. I searched the OHL schedule and found that the Oshawa Generals road game in North Bay next week will be broadcasted on RogersTV in the Durham region. I assume its the same for all other markets where RogersTV holds the broadcasting rights.

Reactions: Ward Cornell

AttackRinkRat

Apr 1, 2017
As an Attack STH, also received the discount email. It is if you subscribe to the OHL Live broadcast. Earlybird discount is $30 = $69 to watch away games and with the $20 additional discount, brings it down to $49 + tax. Good deal if you don't have local cable (Rogers/Shaw) away game coverage.

Hammer9001

Apr 1, 2015
Hamilton
Here in Hamilton, every Bulldogs game is broadcast for free on Cable 14 (which is part of basic cable here). Cable 14's website also live streams 24/7 but you need to login with your relevant cable provider's account. So pretty much, if you have a valid cable subscription, you can get all the Bulldogs away games.

Cable 14 here is basically the same deal as TV Cogeco/Rogers TV for other areas. Since Hamilton is both a Cogeco cable area (most everything bellow the escarpment) and a Rogers area (most everything above the escarpment) and used to have two other cable providers (Mountaincable and Source). They all contributed to one local channel, and that's Cable 14.

What you might be getting is a discount on their live streaming service, or the OHL Action Pack (which broadcasts all the games for all the teams)

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
OHL live has recently updated their new contract with the league and their subscription services are as follows which from my understanding hasn't been much of a change.

24 hours before the season started the league and the TV companies had renegotiated their contract to be able to stream all OHL games via live streaming service Neolion.

Beyond that any discount between the Action Pack and the local TV coverage would have to do more with your local tv coverage stations and not Neolion Service.

Any change I was aware of was strictly for Neolion service users who stream via internet service before the regular season started. If there was any change in local tv coverage packages I didn't hear such change.

Reactions: Ward Cornell

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad