News Article: No more ^BISH :(

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
After starting in the Sports Information Office at Boston University in 1996, where as a student I helped others cover the exploits of future NHLers like Shawn Bates, Chris Drury, and Tom Poti at Walter Brown Arena, I was closing my NHL career watching another former Terrier, Mike Grier, now retired from the NHL (and like me, BU Class of 1997), put the Bruins through their paces as they prepared for the upcoming campaign at Agganis Arena.

It was a good place to finish my full time coverage of professional hockey.

On Monday, January 14th, I return to school -- literally -- as the Webmaster at Lawrence Academy in Groton, Massachusetts, and this is my last regular post for BostonBruins.com.

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=649771

Thought this was pretty important... Assuming he is done using the Twitter, I will definitely miss his little ^BISH's on Twitter

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Odd to leave such a good job to be a webmaster.

When someone asks why their tuition is so high, tell them it's because universities will outbid the Boston Bruins for services like this.

...and someone tell Jacobs to stop being so cheap and offer Bish a raise to stay!

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus

When someone asks why their tuition is so high, tell them it's because universities will outbid the Boston Bruins for services like this.

...and someone tell Jacobs to stop being so cheap and offer Bish a raise to stay!

Bish has two young children so the lack of traveling is probably an attraction.

I'm going to miss him terribly. He did a solid job.

WreckItRask

Mar 5, 2007
Minnesota

Lawrence Academy isn't even a University...it's a Prep School.

chippa13*

Gets to settle down a bit, and I wonder if is his children will be allowed to attend for free when they are old enough? Huge benefit.

That is usually one of the perks. My buddy got a free ride to Fessy in Newton because a parent worked there...

and by cost ......it was worth it

K-9

Day Student Tuition $35,000.00
5-Day Boarding Student Tuition $45,650.00
Boarding Student Tuition $52,100.00
International Student Tuition $57,100.00

mHlnGXt9Xlnn1Qes3Vtn

Dec 9, 2011
Typical, gets his ring and bails ;)

It's a shame his last season in the organization didn't exist, but I'm sure he has some great stories.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Unfortunate for us fans, Bish did his job well, did it quietly and stayed away from the Enquirer style stuff we see too many involved with.

All the best to u Bish

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
good for him - sounds like better hours/pay. really great guy, and i shudder to think who winds up replacing him.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Same here. Good for Bish.
Kirk introduced him to me years ago at training camp. Seemed like a real good guy. When I was Admin here, he was always responsive to e-mails when we had questions about something. Just a real good down to earth guy.

gorskic

Bish is one of the genuinely nicest people I've ever had the pleasure to meet. Big loss for the Bruins and fans, but working regular hours should be a huge plus for him personally. Best wishes to him and his family.

(He grew up across the river from me. Connecticut mafia and all...)

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
He was a great reporter and I really enjoyed reading all of his updates... Always consistent and accurate. Glad we had the chance to have him, good luck.

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
The Bruins web site and overall coverage were greatly improved when Bish was hired. He did a great job and I hope the Bruins continue the good work.

Best wishes to Bish in his new role.

If they could somehow influence Providence to improve their awful web site that would be much appreciated.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad