No matter what, I'll always watch

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Doesn't matter how bad we suck, doesn't matter how low of a level the effort may be at...

The Sabres are in my blood, part of my DNA, part of my family, and I will always watch them and root for success.

Is it tough right now? Yes. But it'll be worth it one day, I hope. And even if I never see a championship, I have (and will continue to accumulate) memories that are lifelong and eternal, with my father, because of the Sabres and Buffalo sports.

Don't bail. Just saying.

(Contrary to my unwatchable thread, I know :) but I will always watch!)

Last edited:

Ness

New Age Retro Hippie
Dec 5, 2008
Denver
I will always watch, too. I don't have any friends here in Kansas to watch Sabres games with, so I rely on twitter and hfboards discussions with all of you knuckle heads for my social interaction/shared fandom regarding the Sabres. You guys are like a support group for people addicted to abuse. Lol

Wisent42

Jan 9, 2012
Södertälje
I will always watch, too. I don't have any friends here in Kansas to watch Sabres games with, so I rely on twitter and hfboards discussions with all of you knuckle heads for my social interaction/shared fandom regarding the Sabres. You guys are like a support group for people addicted to abuse. Lol

You think it's lonely being a Sabres fan in Kansas? Try Sweden. But I understand what you're saying and I agree. This board is a support group. People to share pain and hope and rage and joy and laughs with. In Swedish there's a saying: I nöden prövas vännen. Losely translates to "In tough times, you find out who you're friends are". Given the lack of success for Buffalo sports teams, Buffalo has to be the friendliest place on earth.

Baruch

I like DD (Cups)
Apr 26, 2014
Montréal
Courage boys, I believe you are building a great team, it just takes time and the path is a dry land which hurts your feet.
At the arrival, a masseuse awaits you to rub them and ease the pain :P

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Caught atleast a piece of every game this year. The key to this year (its been said by others) is just tunnel visioning on the young guys. Risto, Reinhart, and Girgs are fun to watch. As is Myers.

couture23

Jun 23, 2012
Toronto
I can't believe I watched the entirety of the game last night. I kept telling myself there was no way, but I have to. I love this team.

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY
I'll always watch too, but I can't do 10:30pm starts like I used to, not with a 3-year-old who's up every day at 6 (or earlier).

I watched the 1st period then went to sleep.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
I watch them too but not to the end if out west. I know we must suffer but we see who can and will play through adversity. Myers and risto have been excellent. Gorges has been steady. Enroth too. A lack of consistency elsewhere.

FearTheBeard

Mar 27, 2011
I can't believe I watched the entirety of the game last night. I kept telling myself there was no way, but I have to. I love this team.

All my friends are leafs fans, and they tried to convert me last year, but there was just no way. As much as it sucks cheering and watching the games by yourself, this team has provided me with too many memories and entertainment to bail on them.

CarlWinslow

@hiphopsicles
Jan 25, 2010
Winnipeg
Yup. I'll never turn away either. I hope that one day, before I pass on,; the watching will pay off in a cup win. It will be such an overwhelming moment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad