Speculation: No Love for Big Joey Thornton? (still no contract) - upd - signed with Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
I knows my man was and maybe even still is in switzerland, training hard. (Just like last year), then he came to toronto and played ice hockey. Is y'all seeing it like he ain't going to get a contract anymore no...? Like he ain't gon help no team anymore no? Like, he has a cool mouth, he talks a lot, still scores 3 on the powerplay, can take some of the faceoffs and win them (he was nhl's best on the dot for a while back in his prime). He weights heavy and is a hard body. Tough to move around. He really is powerful and weights a ton. If some team needs a sucka who can stand there with the weight........ that's my man right there. But yeah, is y'all thinking he ain't gon get a contract (to the nhl) anymore no?

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
I could see a postseason bound team pick him up towards the end of season. I don’t think he officially retires or starts the season with a team though.

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
The game is about youth youth youth. Thornton is done. No contending team in their right mind will sign Thornton. I could see Seattle sign him,it would make sense, get a hall of famer, and since Seattle is going to suck, he fits in perfectly!

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
He should sign a 1 year 700K deal with SJ, play 1 game and retire. Celebrate what a HOF career he's had.
Then he should be hired in a player development role with SJ or something, he could mentor Eklund in the art of the playmaker.

Reactions: Yemeth

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
League min one more time!
old-thornton.png

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
He was done before Toronto. But Toronto killed his legacy. Should have retired a Shark.

meh he was obsessed with being a leaf his whole life. Used to openly talk about it with players in Boston.

shoulda come earlier. But he got to live out the dream of Ontario kids

Reactions: KapG

Sinistril

Oct 26, 2008
The game is about youth youth youth. Thornton is done. No contending team in their right mind will sign Thornton. I could see Seattle sign him,it would make sense, get a hall of famer, and since Seattle is going to suck, he fits in perfectly!

Buffalo should sign him honestly. He would at least provide some leadership on a pretty hopeless team.

Reactions: Fenris
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad