Post-Game Talk: No lead is safe with the Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Lots of venom directed at Trouba on the winning goal, which is deserved, but let's not forget how bad Scheifele and Connor were.

Jets top line didn't show up.

Morrissey is a shadow of himself. Never winning a puck battle, out of position, getting walked, and dumb plays with the puck.

Buff made many dumb plays. Gave up two breakaways, got walked by Sundquist(!!!) on the second goal, and threw the puck away in his own zone.

Only line that was any good was Lowry's. Hayes showed some promise but didn't see much ice.

Embarrassing performance.

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
Jets have serious, serious problems protecting a lead. Why has this not been fixed, they had all season? Leadership and/or coaching is rotten.

Gotta give credit to the blues too. We tried it they just came out hard. Plus Berube mixed the lines up a bit and it seemed to work. 3-2 Jets if that shot by Laine just a few inches over

Too tight. These teams are literally as equal as they get. I think we win next one and it goes to 7

EpicGingy

Jul 30, 2012
Ontario
These third periods are giving me nightmares.

I lost a tournament championship like this when I was about 8 and the Jets have been digging up that old memory all season.

Reactions: Deepsixemtoboyd

rehf

Fueled by Maurice
Feb 15, 2013
Winnipeg
We had how many shots on the amount of PP time we had?

That killed us. Could have buried that game right there if we potted another when the team was playing half decent.

Again, absolutely no adjustments from the coaching staff.

Jets thought they could try and hold on to win this and got burned hard.

Mbraunm

Oct 19, 2016
I was REALLY hoping that they would call a time out in the last minute to refocus the team.

Again, I don’t understand why they didn’t call a time out??? It was clear that we desperately needed to refocus to get this game into OT. CALL A TIME OUT WHEN THE TEAM NEEDS REFOCUSING!!!!!

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country
I am still hopeful for game 6 but not hopeful for going far this year. This **** happening again and again with the team never learning.
Absolutely teams like Colorado, Las Vegas, San Jose, Dallas would smash this team in a series.

Might as well die now we’re not going anywhere anyways except for lining the pockets of chipper.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
There's no way trouba could have been told to do that right ? Such an unfathomable decision wtf trouba

Whileee

May 29, 2010
We had how many shots on the amount of PP time we had?

That killed us. Could have buried that game right there if we potted another when the team was playing half decent.

Again, absolutely no adjustments from the coaching staff.

Jets thought they could try and hold on to win this and got burned hard.
Jets are way too casual on the PP. Didn't like Buff's decisions with the puck, and if he's going to crank it from mid point, hit the friggin net once in a while!

Reactions: ecolad and rehf

stimpsoncat

Jan 5, 2014
This has happened many times through the season, not surprised it’s still happening in the playoffs. Team is lacking something. How do you sit back on a lead in game 5 of the playoffs when it didn’t work all effn year? This team has problems that really need addressed. Jets flat out rolled over in the 3rd. Again. The lesson is never, ever learned - no matter how many times it happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad