No Justice for the Islanders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
I don't mean to resurrect the rediculous call by the officials on Vaneks OT goal .vs. St.Louis. However, I feel it is necessary and something that should be addressed. I was posting on the Olympics thread in regards to the USA vs. Russia game and mentioning that Cam Fowlers goal clearly went off his skate into the net. I said that according to the NHL rules, that goal could be overturned.

The responses were comical but point to the fact the Isles are a joke. I included a link to the game vs. St.Louis which was definitely less of a kicking motion then the Fowler goal. The majority of folks who responded insisted Fowlers goal is 100% a goal in the NHL. The sad part about it is that is probably true. Why is that? It points to one answer: Politics.

Im defending Vaneks post-game statement and respect him for having the balls to speak up. I think using Pittsburgh as an example was silly, but it came from a good place. What do you feel it will take for the Islanders to be respected in the league?

I feel if that was a different team, the call would still be the topic of much conversation and maybe set precedent for the league to consider changing the rules. But for the poor Ol' Isles, it's gone with the wind, swept under the rug...

Not playing the victim card because I know our management makes us look like clowns but somethings gotta give.

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL
I don't mean to resurrect the rediculous call by the officials on Vaneks OT goal .vs. St.Louis. However, I feel it is necessary and something that should be addressed. I was posting on the Olympics thread in regards to the USA vs. Russia game and mentioning that Cam Fowlers goal clearly went off his skate into the net. I said that according to the NHL rules, that goal could be overturned.

The responses were comical but point to the fact the Isles are a joke. I included a link to the game vs. St.Louis which was definitely less of a kicking motion then the Fowler goal. The majority of folks who responded insisted Fowlers goal is 100% a goal in the NHL. The sad part about it is that is probably true. Why is that? It points to one answer: Politics.

Im defending Vaneks post-game statement and respect him for having the balls to speak up. I think using Pittsburgh as an example was silly, but it came from a good place. What do you feel it will take for the Islanders to be respected in the league?

I feel if that was a different team, the call would still be the topic of much conversation and maybe set precedent for the league to consider changing the rules. But for the poor Ol' Isles, it's gone with the wind, swept under the rug...

Not playing the victim card because I know our management makes us look like clowns but somethings gotta give.

NHL rules =/- Olympic rules.

Oh and we most certainly are the laughing stock of the NHL, and have been for the past 20 years. And it's very much deserved. Make no mistake about that.

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
Understood. Not saying it shouldn't have counted on IIHF ice. Just scoping out the public opinion on what would be a goal on NHL ice. Turns out the Isles have to sleep in the bed they made, which sucks for us loyal fans. Can't wait for the day were not at the mercy of the Snowang Guillotine.

Until then our briefs will continue to fly high on the league flagpole.

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL
Understood. Not saying it shouldn't have counted on IIHF ice. Just scoping out the public opinion on what would be a goal on NHL ice. Turns out the Isles have to sleep in the bed they made, which sucks for us loyal fans. Can't wait for the day were not at the mercy of the Snowang Guillotine.

Until then our briefs will continue to fly high on the league flagpole.

In all fairness we've had calls go our way as well. Granted the Blues call WAS brutal. But I really don't buy into the whole conspiracy that the NHL is out to get us. Sounds more like a scapegoat than a legit excuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad