News Article: No Hearing For Del Zotto

Whiplash27

Quattro!!
Jan 25, 2007
Westchester, NY
Intent shouldn't matter. It's an elbow the the head of a player. Why is everyone so caught up on intent? Read my above post.

because when it comes to suspending a player, intent makes a big difference. If you want to argue for a penalty then yes, it could have been one. However, for a suspension intent makes a big difference.

Just like in the same way if you high stick a player, typically it's accidental and a penalty is called. If you maliciously swing your stick into a guy's face, that's suspension worthy.

Inkio

Jul 2, 2012
Glad to see the league do the right thing here.

The overreaction by Dupuis, Cooke, and the Pens fanbase was ridiculous yet expected. The amount of hypocrisy never ceases to amaze.

You're telling me if one of the Rangers got an elbow to the head you wouldn't be upset, and his teammates wouldn't react?

cd211

Feb 6, 2010
New York, NY
it wasn't malicious and on purpose so it doesn't warrant a suspension..

I never really hated pitt or thought they were dirty (crazy I know) until last night.. Cooke is a ***** and one of these days hes going to get it and bad.. he warrants an ass kicking but will never get one bc hes a ***** and wont fight.. He's similar to avery; love the guy if hes on your team and hate him otherwsie.. but at least avery threw down here and there.. this guy is a coward.. and he yells at the bench??? come on bc he knows guys on the bench cant do anything.. as soon as clowe comes over he goes back to his bench...

and Pascal/Kuntz really need to get there **** pushed in too.. tired of these guys getting so much respect.. glad we have dude willing and able to police the ice like Clowe.. A top 6 guy that can fight and throw down if nec.. love it!!

glad g and dz also tossed Malkins ass to the ground too infront of the net..

can't wait to get doresett and then McIrath in the games as well.. talk about toughness..

glad we have balls now..

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
Anyone who thought this was worthy of a fine or suspension in any way needs to get their head checked.

And how is Neal? He had it coming these 2 games.

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
and Pascal/Kuntz really need to get there **** pushed in too.. tired of these guys getting so much respect.. glad we have dude willing and able to police the ice like Clowe.. A top 6 guy that can fight and throw down if nec.. love it!!

Clowe getting in Cooke's face was easily my favorite part of last nights game.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
You're telling me if one of the Rangers got an elbow to the head you wouldn't be upset, and his teammates wouldn't react?

I would hope players wouldn't lose their cool so laughably over an accidental hit, yes. Catch Del Zotto clean if you're that worked up.

If he had intentionally tried to pop Neal's head like a grape 10 seconds behind the play, a la Matt Cooke, than yes I would expect a reaction.

Fanned On It

Dec 20, 2011
New York
Intent shouldn't matter. It's an elbow the the head of a player. Why is everyone so caught up on intent? Read my above post.

Intent has everything to do with whether a hit should be punished with a suspension or not... as it should. Obviously there are other factors, but intent should weigh heavily.

ImIdaho

Choo-Choo-Choose me!
Mar 21, 2012
Wasn't intentional. Reactionary and defensive.

Honestly, and I normally don't say or think this because I hate to see talented players get injured, but if this is Karma for any or all of Matt Cooke's ******** then so be it.

Neal isn't without sin:

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
This whole argument I keep reading about "intent" from both sides Pens fans and Rangers fans means nothing. It doesn't matter whether it was his intent to hurt Neal or just his intent to make a hit. Him seeing Neal coming and leaving his feet while snapping both his arms backwards is a dangerous play. The main thing here is he left his feet and made contact with Neal's head. That is a dangerous play and directly resulted in an injury. Intent should only matter after it has been decided he will be disciplined, then it comes into play one how severe his discipline should be.

Not exactly, those types of plays happen multiple times a game. We don't need to be suspending players for accidental contact. He probably deserved a penalty, similar to when a players stick rides up and clips someone. That's about as far as it should go.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Wasn't intentional. Reactionary and defensive.

Honestly, and I normally don't say or think this because I hate to see talented players get injured, but if this is Karma for any or all of Matt Cooke's ******** then so be it.

Lets not forget the slew foots, tomahawk chop, etc. There is no franchise I respect less than the Pens and no fanbase I respect less. They keep getting generational talents and still their fans abandon them to near bankruptcy. Praying when Sid and Malkin lose it that they finally get what they deserve and lose the franchise. My hatred of the Patriots is just as high but the lack of respect factor only exists for the Waahwhines

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
What did Neal do that he deserves this vitriol?

First, he's a Pen.

Second, he plays dirty, on the one and only team getting away with by clear bias ... no honor whatsoever

Thridly the trade that got him to the Pitt seemed awkwardly uneven ...

In the end its just my opinion ... and he is a human being. It's not like I'm advocating for his death

Apr 10, 2012
What did Neal do that he deserves this vitriol?

guess you didn't see the flyers series of the playoffs last year. guy is completely classless.

he may not be matt cooke, but almost everybody on that team plays over the edge and gets away with it. last night was a travesty and disgrace to the sport. so many unanswered slashes/hooks/holds/interference. not just questionable-- ****ing dangerous. taking a run at del zotto on an icing tops the cake. del zotto doesn't protect himself/luck out there that's a practically guaranteed injury.

no respect for anybody in that club. it makes good hockey players go bad.

i still wish him a quick recovery from a human standpoint, but if they continue to play like filth, they'll keep getting injuries... not because of headhunting, but because guys aren't going to let up. guys are going to finish checks and retaliate.

hope he fully recovers.

Last edited:

*Bob Richards*

I dislike James Neal as much as the next guy but I just want to get this in as a preliminary:

Please do not wish injury on him or any other Penguins player.

Cake or Death

What are they gonna give Del Zotto a penalty for, clairvoyance? Especially after all the blatant calls they let go in that game. Give me a call when someone can explain to me how the **** a guy gets his stick tomahawked in half right in front of the ref and there's no call. **** Neal and **** the Pens.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
Was Neal like this in Dallas? Or does joining the Pens organization activate ****** mode?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad