OT: No Habs Speedwick Ts available from any store

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
I have the following Habs Speedwick t-shirt, which is awesome for working out/exercise. I've had it since last season, so perhaps this is wherein the problem lies (NHL decided to stop giving a fk about one of the most popular teams). Now I want to order more online so that my sister can have them shipped to her house and then bring them to India when she visits me.

Pic of the shirt. I didn't take it, found it online, but it's the exact same (you'll recognize it if you've ever seen it -- Danny B wears the long sleeved one under his equipment):
null_zps90105703.jpg

Problem is, the following stores don't carry the Habs version. They have the leafs, sens, flames, nucks, jets, oilers, wings, bruins, flyers, rangers, DUCKS FFS, etc. All in various sizes.

- NHL store US
- NHL store CAN
- Sportchek (seriously, it's mind boggling how the one team they leave out is the Habs, and I doubt demand is the issue cuz they have the laffs, who have faithful, if pathetic fans)
- Icejerseys.com

What's the deal? Anybody buy one recently?

The "Habs" (NHL.com CAN) store has this version (new ones, they look like renderings, and quite honestly horrible), but they only have XL (the one I have is small and trust me, small = at LEAST medium or even large by normal standards.)

http://shop.canada.nhl.com/product/index.jsp?productId=23142246&cp=&clickid=body_bestsell_txt
p16525489p275w.jpg

Thoughts? How is this possible?

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
they sold out of stock. Still available for other teams because people in those other cities are fat and don't exercise.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
they sold out of stock. Still available for other teams because people in those other cities are fat and don't exercise.

Haha, good point.

Ended up calling the NHL store. They've outsourced the hotline to some call center in the southern US whose employees don't seem well acquainted with hockey. Anyway, the lady did say that everything "Mahntre-ohl Canadiens" (it was like speaking to the female Southern Bettman, though she didn't talk about the greatness of "our" game) had been flying off the shelves in the last few weeks, EVEN these.

Bit surprised by that. If it was anything else, I can understand why suddenly people would want Habs stuff, but the workout shirt -- I only want it now so that it reaches my sister in time.

When I was living near Toronto, I would see tons of fat Leaf fans and their fat offspring wear the athletic shirt (speedwick). Like drinking protein shakes with their burgers.

Thanks dude! I scoured the net and even Amazon. Didn't find this one, but although it says progression, I think it's a sports shirt, but not speedwick. Also seems the sizes are way off.

I'll just wait until the NHL store re-stocks. Hopefully that's soon. I always lift heavier, run faster with this shirt on. Mental edge.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad