No Games Friday (EOM)

Dryden

Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
Don't you mean money for you to lose so I can get dancing girls for my bday celebration on Saturday night? :yo:

HFNHL Red Wings

Don't you mean money for you to lose so I can get dancing girls for my bday celebration on Saturday night? :yo:

Hmmm ... my invite must have gotten lost in the mail :groucho:

Anyway, I assume that means we'll see you tomorrow Dryden, if not have a great birthday.

Andrew Chang-Sang

Nov 28, 2002
Visit site
Rumours out of Columbus

Rumours out of Columbus are saying that GM Doug Emerson cannot partake in the 'heavy gambling' on Friday night because he is too busy hemming his skirts :biglaugh:

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Speaking of gambling....rumor is a certain HFNHL GM will be playing in the World Series of Poker main event in Las Vegas in July.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Rumours out of Columbus are saying that GM Doug Emerson cannot partake in the 'heavy gambling' on Friday night because he is too busy hemming his skirts :biglaugh:

For the record, I'm not going to be winning your money at poker because I'm winning money at Woodbine racetrack instead (one of North America's leading thoroughbred and standardbred horse tracks, for those not in the know).

And as far as poker goes, I did pretty well in a recent trip to Vegas, coming 5th in one multi-table no-limit tournament, and 1st in another. Always nice to come back with more money than you left with! So I welcome the next time we meet, Andrew - with your new salary, you can afford to lose some cash!

Speaking of gambling....rumor is a certain HFNHL GM will be playing in the World Series of Poker main event in Las Vegas in July.

Greg - good luck in the WSOP - I look forward to the day when we can meet in person. Who knows, maybe across the poker table from one another? (Not this year, alas...).

HFNHL Red Wings

Wow - off topic: Just got prompted to accept the new board rules. I think I've broken about two thirds of them at one point or another.
Doing commentary on our players/prospects will now need to be much more carefully reasearched and sources documented. Yikes!

On topic: We really should investigate making the next GTA GM's meeting (loooong overdue) a poker game. After all, how much differrent can bluffing and HFNHL trade discussions be ;)

I'll open a thread later on this subject.

Andrew Chang-Sang

Nov 28, 2002
Visit site
For the record, I'm not going to be winning your money at poker because I'm winning money at Woodbine racetrack instead (one of North America's leading thoroughbred and standardbred horse tracks, for those not in the know).

And as far as poker goes, I did pretty well in a recent trip to Vegas, coming 5th in one multi-table no-limit tournament, and 1st in another. Always nice to come back with more money than you left with! So I welcome the next time we meet, Andrew - with your new salary, you can afford to lose some cash!

Greg - good luck in the WSOP - I look forward to the day when we can meet in person. Who knows, maybe across the poker table from one another? (Not this year, alas...).

Best of luck to you in July Greg....my brother in law played in the WSOP last year and said it was great fun....

Doug...as you know, we tend to run pretty late so if you do get the chance to stop by, it would be good to have you.

BTW...beating little old ladies in video poker doesn't count :D

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Hey, if anyone plans to attend the draft in Columbus, perhaps a game of poker can be arranged.

I'm planning on flying out for the first $1,500 event in Vegas and then back to the last main event, which I already have the entry for.

Toronto_AGM_Adil

Apr 9, 2006
On topic: We really should investigate making the next GTA GM's meeting (loooong overdue) a poker game. After all, how much differrent can bluffing and HFNHL trade discussions be ;)

I'll open a thread later on this subject.

We can use picks for antes and prospects as raises... BTW Greg, do you have you're signiture sun-glasses picked out yet? I say go for the holograph eyes... Fossilman style :thumbu:

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
heh..I typically don't wear sunglasses unless I am playing for an extended period of time because the lights make my eyes tired faster if I am not. Since I plan on being there a long time, I think I will have to.

HFNHL Red Wings

Hey Greg, you're a moderator here. Haven't we ventured into the off topic threads that the HF boards terms and conditions ban :sarcasm:

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Hey, if anyone plans to attend the draft in Columbus, perhaps a game of poker can be arranged.

There's an idea with serious potential. Anyone up for a road trip? NHL Entry Draft, Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, GM Poker game... I'm liking the sound of that weekend! Maybe we could get press passes from HF?

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
There's an idea with serious potential. Anyone up for a road trip? NHL Entry Draft, Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, GM Poker game... I'm liking the sound of that weekend! Maybe we could get press passes from HF?

When I got named moderator I asked one of the Admins. Figured since I have a journalism degree and I live here, it would be a natural. Looks like they already have pre-planned it and have their staff already figured out for the draft. She said if they need additional work or if someone drops out, then she will let me know.

Would love to cover it.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Seeing how this PARTICULAR sub-board is a Sim, then I say we make our own terms and conditions.

:)

True, to a point (and yes, I see the smiley), but some of the new guys may not realize that Hockey's Future continues to host us and provide this message board out of their good graces. The liability is HF's if anything goes down that violates copyright or decency standards, so we owe them our good behaviour.

If everyone just applies their common sense, we'll be fine. :teach:

Default101

Your an inovator and i like the way you think :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad