Pre-Game Talk: No Game Until Friday

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
Hey who do you guys think is better at golf- Ouellet, Pulkkinen, Jarnkrok, Smith, or Quincey?

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
If you guys are missing the Red Wings trainwreck, I would recommend going to watch Velocipastor on Amazon Prime if you have it. It is pretty much the movie equivalent of the Red Wings right now, but is pretty entertaining for how ridiculous it is.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
How bout trade predictions (all teams or just DRW, your choice). There's a thread in the trade board, but this'd just be for Wings fans.

AA for Georgiev/Ghostisbehere
Green to NSH/DAL/CAR/WSH for a 3rd @ the 11th hr.
E to bubble team looking for insurance/7th D vet for a 7th
Daley to Pitt for a 6th
Howard stays, no takers, continues to get fatter.

Helm w/25% retention to WPG/EDM for a 4th

Nielsen informs DET he has the "allergy" & will go LTIR after season, traded to NYI for a 5th w/50% retention. (NYI is aware of "allergy"/LTIR) to facilitate trade.

Filppula w/50% retention to BOS/COL/AZ/ for a 3rd

LGD asking price is a 2nd & 4th, stays til '21 TDL

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
There's an Athletic article on us taking bad contracts for assets; they bring up Kyle Turris as an option and I'd be pretty tempted. Firstly he's not a total dumpster fire and could bounce back. He'd be our 2C right now and could help develop our prospects a bit.

Really though the appeal is that his contract is really bad. 4 more years at 6 million and he's producing like a 3rd liner, we could reasonably expect a first rounder (more even) for taking him on. What do you guys think, would you add Turris for a first?

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
There's an Athletic article on us taking bad contracts for assets; they bring up Kyle Turris as an option and I'd be pretty tempted. Firstly he's not a total dumpster fire and could bounce back. He'd be our 2C right now and could help develop our prospects a bit.

Really though the appeal is that his contract is really bad. 4 more years at 6 million and he's producing like a 3rd liner, we could reasonably expect a first rounder (more even) for taking him on. What do you guys think, would you add Turris for a first?

I would consider it for sure even though I don't like the term. Turris in theory should still have some tread on the tire (though I seem to remember saying the same thing about Nielsen a couple years back). I do find it ironic that we bitch about years of bad contracts and when we finally get to a place where we start to free up some cap space, the instinct is to use that cap space on junk contracts from other teams. I am not saying it is the wrong move, I just want to point out that our ugly contracts have never really held us back.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

Turris with 50% retention would be fine. If he fails as 2C, then 3M for 3C is not bad.

With 6M, there's a huge risk to be the next Nielsen.

Turris last 2 seasons as 29-30 year-old, 0.44 points per game, 15 minute role.

Frans Nielsen, as 29-30 year-old was 0.64 points/game player, 17,5 minute role.

Last edited:

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Half the cap hit with a contract that expires sooner? Abby won't match Johansen's production which isn't much to write home about. I'm guessing the angle here is getting pick compensation from Nashville.

You're not getting Johansen and a pick if you're trying to convince Nashville to take back Gator. And if we could get Johansen without giving up anything significant, it's an easy yes, imo.

I'd be a lot less interested in Turris than Johansen, but Turris is probably actually available. I really don't like his age and contract. Another first would be nice, but I think Turris quickly becomes another Gator/Nielsen.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
I believe this thread could also be called, No Game Including Friday!

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Our remaining schedule is absolutely brutal

sR9byCQ.png

sR9byCQ

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad