Pre-Game Talk: No frills Pre-game: Us vs. them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crozbar

Feb 7, 2010
Edmonton
I'm feeling a flicker of hope after last game, finally feeling just a little bit of excitement about this post season!

Keep things similar to last game, with maybe only Malkin moved back to center. Please no return of Orpik.

Kunitz-Crosby-Stempniak
Bennett-Malkin-Neal
Jokinen-Sutter-Gibbons
Vitale-Goc-Adams

Flip Either Jokinen and BB or Stemp and Gibbons depending on how it looks.

Although I'm somewhat intrigued by

Kunitz-Malkin-Neal, how ever that would work out for 87's line ...

But I know Crosby and Kunitz have a sort or Cosby and Dupuis thing going, so I don't think we'll see that ...

systemsgo

fire mj
Apr 24, 2014
I went into the playoffs hoping for change next season, but as it turns out I can't root for them to lose at all, even if it's "for change". So I'm just going to keep hoping they get through.

Off topic, but does anyone know if there're some generic available avatars for pens in the playoffs? I'm new here and would like to use one :)

Dupree13

Aug 2, 2005
Pittsburgh
That Orpik/Adams captaincy dust-up must have been back when there were reports to the same effect and the team came out and practiced with everybody wearing a C. I guess sometimes when there is smoke there is fire.

Last edited:

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
Oh...

Then I was in the wrong :). Jokinen on the third LW. Vitale instead of Megna or Adams.

Stemps moving to RW.

Heh, I didn't think that was your evil plan.

On another note, 63% or 7 out of 11 ES or SH goals (non EN) so far have been scored by frequent HF pariahs:

JJ: 3
Sutter: 2
Gibbons: 2

Had we only had the grit of a Steve Ott and his 0G 2A -3 in 6 games, we'd finally be going places.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union

On another note, 63% or 7 out of 11 ES or SH goals (non EN) so far have been scored by frequent HF pariahs:

Had we only had the grit of a Steve Ott and his 0G 2A -3 in 6 games, we'd finally be going places.
Ott also had 0 goals + 3 assists in 23 RS games for the Blues, while being -12. What an acquisition! :laugh: I have seen him a couple of times and he´s just a horrible horrible player who was just brutally overrated going into TDL.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I think it will be another frustrating Game 6, but we will end up winning. Almost very identical to the Ottawa series a few years ago and the Isles series, too. Then we will walk into next round and do the same damn thing we've been doing.

Adjustments - yikes. I'd like to see all 5 guys come back to the d-zone and play defense first and then funnel out to offense. That's all.

Playoff Hockey....Cole.

Taking care of the small details and the rest will figure itself out.

I want to see Crosby score twice and take over the game. And I want to see the Pens do what Chicago did to St.Louis today. That would actually give me a little hope going forward.

One would hope it's best player would show up sometime.

I'm waiting for the confirmation as well, I really want to know if that happened, as it'd make me dislike the guy even more. Orpik is definitely one of those guys that seems to blame people rather than himself though, he's had enough interviews to come up with that conclusion.

But yeah...

Bortuzzo > Orpik.
Despres >>>> Orpik.
Cardboard Orpik > Orpik

Yeah....No.

Not playoff Orpik anyways.

Last edited:

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China

Yeah, it is bizarre.... but only because we haven't gotten anything from Sid/Malkin. Compared to last year, it is the same kind of scoring as we have been used to in series we ended up winning, just minus our superstars.

In short, it isn't weird to see those numbers above as secondary offense. Sid/Geno/Neal combining for 1.... that is.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Just win. No Game 7 bollocks.

Also, is this the first elimination game in the series?

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Real important game. Can the Pens build on all the good things they did in game 5 or do they fall into the old trap of admiring their greatness?

ZeroHero

Dec 3, 2010
I went into the playoffs hoping for change next season, but as it turns out I can't root for them to lose at all, even if it's "for change". So I'm just going to keep hoping they get through.

Off topic, but does anyone know if there're some generic available avatars for pens in the playoffs? I'm new here and would like to use one :)

Just pick one from the first post ...>
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1644431

JVS

Apr 3, 2014
Would like to see 87 and 71 play together, hopefully they can get each other going.

Really hope Gibbons can play, if he does I think we can get 2 lines other than a 87/71 line that can contribute with some offensive plays.

14-87-71
18-36-49
19-16-22
46-57-15/59

I would at least try this, but the big problem from the last game has been our fighting spirit. Every other team in this playoff is putting up a much better effort than we are, and that really annoys me.

On the back end all I really want is a little less 44/4 and more of 41 and that 58 dont over thinks everything he does out there.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
The problem is that Bylsma has an infuriating tendency to grudgingly make a few adjustments when his job is at risk, then reverts back with predictably disastrous consequences when the pressure eases some.

I see exactly that tonight.

All is well, practice optional, go back to what he KNOWS is going to work this time.

ColdStare

Jul 20, 2011
Johnstown
Just win. No Game 7 bollocks.

Also, is this the first elimination game in the series?

richard-pryor-is-perplexed-o.gif

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
Gibbons in for Glass would be huge. He had the lowest TOI last game, and was scratched at points last playoffs. Prove me wrong, Dan (or don't, likely).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad