Speculation: No, Detroit Doesn't Need to Dump Cap to Sign Larkin

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Just so we can maybe put an end to these ridiculous trade proposals like Franzen and Detroit's probable top 5 pick or Franzen and Hronek or Nyquist and NYI's 2nd for Byron and MTL's 4th...

"Can LTIR be used in the off-season?

Yes, LTIR can be used in the off-season while the 10% off-season cushion is active. LTIR in the off-season is calculated using the basic equation outlined above, which permits a team to exceed the off-season salary cap. To use off-season LTIR the team must provide doctors proof that the player in question will continue to be injured at the beginning of the regular season for 10 NHL games and 24 calendar days.

At the start of the season the teams LTIR relief & ACSL is recalculated when the 10% cushion is removed."

Also, as an update for Larkin's contract status, from Ansar Khan...

"The Red Wings, a source said, have been pushing for five years. Larkin and his representatives are seeking six years. Chances are it'll be in the $6 million-a-year range."

So, $2.8M + $4M LTIR relief leaves $6.8M for Larkin... Without making any stupid trades.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
You’ve put the world on notice.

During the 2012 season I created a thread..

"Proposal: Stop making proposals for Callahan and Dubinsky"

Thinking they would never be traded and both would be career Rangers and would lead us to a Cup within the next few years and #24 and #17 would one day hang from the MSG rafters.

Yeah, I really showed you guys.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Couldn't you just post this under the other Larkin thread?

It was said multiple times, by multiple different people in that thread, and the ridiculous replies by people who didn't bother reading back for the multiple sources that Franzen can be LTIRed in the offseason continued.

So yes, I created a new thread. I'd put it in big red letters if I could.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad