GDT: NJD @ WSH; Part II

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
With Zajac its more than a slump...2 pts in 14 in the Sahara Desert of slumps. It has effected Kovys production too. Not as sure with Henrique. He needs to shoot a bit more. He has 14 shots all year,,,,14 playing 17 plus min every night. Not to bring up his name, and I know Apples and Oranges but Parise had a 12 shot game the other night. Yes both are doing the other things but we dont have the offensive players for our two top line C to contribute so little offensively

Adam has been missing the net a bunch so that is affecting his shot totals I imagine.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
Recap of yesterday's GDT:

Tallinder, Salvador, Volchenkov suck
Game starts
We all suck except Marty
Tallinder really really sucks
Marty sucks too, shouldn't have let that in
Elias is a hall of famer according to Caps announcers, so he sucks less
We suck
Referees suck
Clarksons hurt
Season is over
We won't make the playoffs
Strip Salvador of C
Trade everyone
We really suck
Referees really suck, but now they are sucking in a good way
Everyone sucks except Kovy is a beast
We win.

First place in the Atlantic, 2nd in conference despite sucking and requiring a complete overhaul on D.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010

Game starts
We all suck except Marty
We suck
Referees suck
Clarksons hurt
Season is over
Strip Salvador of C
Trade everyone
We really suck
We win.

First place in the Atlantic, 2nd in conference despite sucking and requiring a complete overhaul on D.

oh, and I forgot a 'Lokti!' in there after the season is over one.

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey

Game starts
We all suck except Marty
We suck
Referees suck
Clarksons hurt
Season is over
Strip Salvador of C
Trade everyone
We really suck
We win.

Sounds about right for almost any game though... It's like we're so used to hearing that we're terrible from power rankings and what not that we actually believe it and not the standings or the W column.

But our D is weak...

DevilChuk*

Assuming Lotkioniv sticks, which I think he will.

I want to see these lines. Time to break up EHC and get Zajac going.

Poni - Henrique - Kovalchuk (aka the line that won it in Game 6 OT)
Elias - Zajac - Clarkson (aka the line that will never give up ES goals)
Josefson- Lotkinov - Butler
Carter - Gionta - Bernier

I'd honestly rather switch Butler and Bernier there but understand if Deboer wants CBGB together. In my mind, Bernier is a perfect 3rd line winger and would be wasted on the fourth line.

Send Matteau back to Juniors.
When Zubrus comes back, either shift Clarkson down to 3RW and bench either Butler or Josefson. Or put him on 1LW and shift Poni to 3 RW.

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
Assuming Lotkioniv sticks, which I think he will.

I want to see these lines. Time to break up EHC and get Zajac going.

Poni - Henrique - Kovalchuk (aka the line that won it in Game 6 OT)
Elias - Zajac - Clarkson (aka the line that will never give up ES goals)
Josefson- Lotkinov - Butler
Carter - Gionta - Bernier

I'd honestly rather switch Butler and Bernier there but understand if Deboer wants CBGB together. In my mind, Bernier is a perfect 3rd line winger and would be wasted on the fourth line.

Send Matteau back to Juniors.
When Zubrus comes back, either shift Clarkson down to 3RW and bench either Butler or Josefson. Or put him on 1LW and shift Poni to 3 RW.

100% agree. Those lines look perfect to me.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
We should just make Kovy a center and get it over with. Then he can dazzle us with his backchecking and new found defensive game and leave the scoring to the natural RWers.

sarcasm smiley really needed?

would LOVE to see kovy at center, maybe with zajac on one side and salvador on the other?

cup.jpg

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
would LOVE to see kovy at center, maybe with zajac on one side and salvador on the other?

cup.jpg

Well, with Moose really needing to take over the starting role..
Instead of putting Marty on the bench, I think he'd be perfect to slot into that 1st line LW role. He seems like the most capable.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Call me mad but I always thought that Kovalchuk could've been one of the best offensive defence-man in the history of hockey if he'd grown up in North America, a combination of Letang and Karlsson. It's an over-generalization but in Russia they couldn't care less about developing great defence-men, a kid with tremendous skills is going to be a forward no matter what.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

I didn't take a look at the previous 30 pages but I think I'll speak for everyone when saying that Tallinder shouldn't dress for us ever again, that we got away with a win that shouldn't of happend and that someone needs to tell Zajac that the season is underway.

Tallinder is just brutal, please insert Fayne... or Jay Leach, I don't care. I just want Tallinder to be apart of our roster.

Capt Nico Poo

Holik to HHOF
Nov 7, 2009
Finland
I want to believe that just like in the playoffs last year, when this team is head to head for atleast 4 games against one team, our coaching staff will get the better of them.

Jedi

Jul 20, 2010
North Jersey
I want to believe that just like in the playoffs last year, when this team is head to head for atleast 4 games against one team, our coaching staff will get the better of them.
Yes, because our 1st place team isn't good enough to win a 7-game series unless our coaching staff can gameplan like Napoleon :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad