Value of: NJD-VAN

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Pettersson will be a 100 point player once he gets help and the Canucks PP improves.

He's a megastar
I doubt it but

Hughes is a FAR more hyped prospect than Pettersson - so these comments how Hughes MAY MAKE IT NEAR Pettersson are ridiculous, from a prospects point of view

Dont want to trade your partially proven commodity? Fine, but shitting on the future first overall of what looks to be an amazing draft is unecessary and just makes Pettersson look overhyped

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
On the Devs boards, this for-fun scenario came up for Sedins 2.0:
Devs win 1 OA, Van 2 OA
Would the Devs trade Van their pick and for what
Woo + Madden+ 2nd was one answer given to make that happen.

Remember, it was a for-fun post, don't loose it.

EDIT: Assets back to Jersey were all, not one of
Id rather have Kakko anyways so hell no. Woo and Madden are not available

TeddyBare

Jul 28, 2016
Mississauga, Ontario
Considering Hughes is five times the prospect Pettersson was - thats what the original poster was getting at

So when you try to word it ‘...someone with potential to hopefully come even close to that’ , youre just over-exaggerating. Pettersson doesnt get Hughes straight up, which you tried to imply

Embarrassing post

maroon 6

Dec 31, 2009
British Columbia
I doubt it but

Hughes is a FAR more hyped prospect than Pettersson - so these comments how Hughes MAY MAKE IT NEAR Pettersson are ridiculous, from a prospects point of view

Dont want to trade your partially proven commodity? Fine, but ****ting on the future first overall of what looks to be an amazing draft is unecessary and just makes Pettersson look overhyped

Partially proven? Lol

David Bruce Banner

Nude Cabdriver Ban
Mar 25, 2008
Streets Ahead
Not a chance. Pettersson is the kind of guy you get with a 1st OA, not the kind of guy you trade (let alone with a sweetener) for a 1st OA.

I wouldn't do that deal with any of our new young core.

I suppose any team with the 1st OA is going to ask for the moon... which is why 1st OA's are rarely traded.

GoodbyeLuongo

Jun 8, 2012
Seattle
I doubt it but

Dont want to trade your partially proven commodity? Fine, but ****ting on the future first overall of what looks to be an amazing draft is unecessary and just makes Pettersson look overhyped

So what? He's 20 times the draft prospect Kucherov was. That matter?

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
I doubt it but

And Alex daigle and Patrick Stefan were way more hyped then the Sedins. Doesn’t mean they had better careers. Using pre-draft hype as if players can’t bust is such a bad logic to base your entire argument on

Hischier and Patrick were far more hyped than Pettersson and look where that got them post draft compared to Pettersson post draft

Reactions: Cogburn

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
I doubt it but

And Yakupov was far more hyped than Filip Forsberg or Thomas Hertl. Hype is just that.

Jesus, how many Canucks games have you watched this year? Your Pettersson posts haven't gotten any better.

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
Awful proposal. The level of thinking for making this is completely backwards and off logic.

Pettersson alone has a higher ceiling than Hughes, and has already established him a franchise level C putting up great numbers on a weak offensive team where number 1 D are targetting him every night.

It should be 9th overall+ Hughes for EP, and I'd still refuse to do so as a Canucks fan.

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
How on earth, or any planet for that matter, can you say with any degree of certainty that Hughes has a higher ceiling than Pettersson? I suppose it’s possible, but it is highly unlikely. Go watch Pettersson play before you make outlandish claims such as this one, then look at what he has accomplished to date.

I think most fans of most teams would take Pettersson over Hughes without thinking twice.

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
Considering Hughes is five times the prospect Pettersson was - thats what the original poster was getting at

So when you try to word it ‘...someone with potential to hopefully come even close to that’ , youre just over-exaggerating. Pettersson doesnt get Hughes straight up, which you tried to imply
Pettersson is what Hughes hopes to be. Pettersson>Hughes. Doesn’t matter what Pettersson was when he was drafted. Jaime Benn was trash when he was drafted, that means nothing now. Not sure what you’re tryijg to imply. There’s zero chance in the world any NHL Gm would trade a Petterssson for a potential one.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Pettersson is what Hughes hopes to be. Pettersson>Hughes. Doesn’t matter what Pettersson was when he was drafted. Jaime Benn was trash when he was drafted, that means nothing now. Not sure what you’re tryijg to imply. There’s zero chance in the world any NHL Gm would trade a Petterssson for a potential one.
I can assure you that 100% of the NHL GM in Benin and Togo would trade Pettersson for a potential win in the Africa Cup.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad