Proposal: NJD-VAN: Schneider v Eriksson.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Cory Schneider traded to Vancouver for Loui Eriksson heading to New Jersey.

3 years term left for each at $6M a piece. Both essentially in the territory of cap gone wrong. Both bigtime "change of scenery" candidates for a slight rebound. Schneider carries an extra few million in extra cash payout, but that probably doesn't matter to Vancouver.

Eriksson clearly seems to want out, and while he's not anywhere close to a $6M player...he's still at least a serviceable bottom-6 winger who can bang in a few goals, kill some penalties, maybe even play on the PP a bit etc.

Schneider seems completely broken and/or lost as a goaltender, but he is still pretty beloved in Vancouver. If he was going to rejuvenate his career anywhere, it'd be there, right?

This would let the Devils move on from their goaltending fiasco, and pursue some other big ticket goalie this summer.

It'd let the Canucks move Markstrom for a return. Use Schneider to try to shelter Demko while he finds his legs. He's the expected future anyway, right?

I'd almost think adding Markstrom to the deal would make sense for the Devils, but i'm not sure what the balancing return would be.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I should add, it'd be hilariously poetic to do a deal like this on the draft floor in Vancouver, given the original Schneider trade.

LV Knight Life

Apr 10, 2019
Can't see the Devils interested, as Schneider was pretty solid the second half of the season, with a .921 save percentage and a 2.46 GAA.
He was dismal early on, but started to look like his old self as the season progressed and should enter the season fully healthy for the
first time in a couple of years.

Reactions: Puckclektr

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
Can't see the Devils interested, as Schneider was pretty solid the second half of the season, with a .921 save percentage and a 2.46 GAA.
He was dismal early on, but started to look like his old self as the season progressed and should enter the season fully healthy for the
This ^. Schneider poor first half numbers were due to injuries. When he finally got healthy in the second half of the season, he was very solid.
We need him next season to share the load with Blackwood.

Eriksson would be a 4th liner in NJ because our 3rd line is very good and shouldn't be broken up. Eriksen is not going to take the spot of Blake Coleman or Miles Wood on the wings. I see little value having a $6m per season 4th liner.

Thorvat

Jul 8, 2018
Marky was solid last year and Demko looked good in the few starts he got. Demko is being groomed for the starter role. I feel the canucks are set in goal for next year so I am not sure how this makes sense for Van. Value wise I am fine with it though and I liked Schneids as a canuck. I recall being quite shocked when we traded him at the time, although Horvat has worked out very well and just keeps getting better every year.

hidek91

Jan 13, 2014
Warsaw, PL
No way NJD does this. Schneider was actually solid in the 2nd half and WC. If he did indeed overcome his injuries, we fully believe that he can get back to form. His cap hit also isn't a problem as we have plenty of cap space.

Eriksson doesn't fill any need for us, most likely he would play on the 3rd line here.

We could trade Schneider away because we have Mackenzie Blackwood in pipelines but the return has to be WAY more convincing than this.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

Schneider has a lot more value than ericksson

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Not even remotely interested.

Schneider was actually quite good the 2nd half of last year and that was playing in front of the Binghamton Devils

he won't ever be an elite goalie anymore but he has way more value than this.

Yannickg

May 8, 2019
If i remember at tdl their was a : rumor or proposal or value of about it. Shero actually said he will wait to see how Schneider turn out Before he does anything.
Anyone remember that?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad