Jusse Saros
Yakov Trenin

:nashville
Dawson Mercer
Seamus Casey
Vitek Vanacek (50% Retained)
2025 1st Round Pick
2026 2nd Round Pick

New Jersey gets their goalie for 2 years and a big body on the bottom of lineup that they need, but pay a steep price. All in all, I think worth it. Think about it this way, they now don’t have to give Mercer an extension by trading him, opening up cap for the off season to be used elsewhere.

For Nashville, they get a young middle 6 forward who can definitely play first line minutes, pretty promising top 4 offensive defenseman, won’t sugar coat Vanacek, but for 1.7 million as a back up, not terrible, and the picks are pretty solid. Opens the door for Askarov as well.

Aoko

Order has now fallen.
Dec 14, 2017
So you want Dawg AND Casey? And you think Vanecek is going to be retained? Oh, this is getting amusing.

I definitely prefer Saros over Markstrom... but yeah, I don't know about this.

Ruutu Tootoo

Oct 16, 2014
Morris County, NJ
So you want Dawg AND Casey? And you think Vanecek is going to be retained? Oh, this is getting amusing.

With the goalie market right now, it’s what it’s going to take. I’m also a Devils fan. Those are all pieces I’m willing to give up, Roster player, Top prospect and first. Trenin for the 2nd and Vanacek at 50%.

Aoko

Order has now fallen.
Dec 14, 2017
With the goalie market right now, it’s what it’s going to take. I’m also a Devils fan. Those are all pieces I’m willing to give up, Roster player, Top prospect and first. Trenin for the 2nd and Vanacek at 50%.
Fair enough. I definitely think Saros is a lot more valuable than Markstrom... but if it were Markstrom and Hanifin? I view that as a much more impactful get.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
I can't imagine anyone willing to top this offer. So I hope Fitz would start with a lower offer. If Nashville considers a Saros trade the Devils could save one of these assets.

Dadof5boys

May 25, 2003
Murfreesbo Tennessee
Visit site

Take out the retention and add Novak from the Preds. Would you do it?
To Nashville:
Dawson Mercer
Seamus Casey
Vitek Vanacek
2025 1st Round Pick
2026 2nd Round Pick
To Devils:
Jusse Saros
Yakov Trenin
Thomas Novak
Thoughts?

Aoko

Order has now fallen.
Dec 14, 2017
Take out the retention and add Novak from the Preds. Would you do it?
To Nashville:
Dawson Mercer
Seamus Casey
Vitek Vanacek
2025 1st Round Pick
2026 2nd Round Pick
To Devils:
Jusse Saros
Yakov Trenin
Thomas Novak
Thoughts?
In a New York second. Absolutely.