Confirmed Trade: [NJD/MTL] Nathan Legare for Arnaud Durandeau

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
Clearly they kept this major deal for after the deadline so Twitter wouldn't crash

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Who the fook is these guys?

Nathan Legaré was selected in the 3rd round (#74) by the Pittsburgh Penguins. After 4 years in the Q, he joined Pittsburgh AHL team for 2 years, getting 35 points in 125 games. In August 2023, he was part of the Erik Karlsson trade to Pittsburgh, in which Montreal served as the cap dump team (Petry and DeSmith) and got Legaré and a 2nd for their trouble. Légaré played the year in Laval scoring 9 points in 39 games. He's a gritty right winger.

Arnaud Durandeau was selected in the 6th round (#165) by the New York. After 4 years in the Q, he joined NYI AHL team getting 112 points in 179 games (also played 4 NHL games, not scoring). In November 2023, he was traded to New Jersey for Tyce Thompson. Played 26 games for Utica, scoring 14 points. He's a scoring LW.

Reactions: rve24

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Only half kidding. Can Legare NOT score any worse than the current group of Devils forwards are doing? Throw him in the lineup next game.

GeeoffBrown

Jul 6, 2007
I googled it and the AHL trade deadline is March 15, so we might see a few more minor league moves like this?

Reactions: HBK27

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
I love it when these deals happen, it never fails to expose the people that don't understand the trade deadline is only about NHL level trades and these AHL trades are still allowed.

Edit: Yes, I'm aware NHL trades are allowed as well, but the traded players are ineligible for the playoffs.
they should change that rule. so dumb. injuries are bound to happen throughout the playoffs. theres no cap. might as well take it out.

Nemec

Apr 5, 2009
I have no idea which one of these players the Devils are trading and which one they are receiving

Was much easier when the "bag of pucks" was traded for a player, because we always knew the Devils only had the bag of pucks to trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad