Confirmed Trade: [NJD/MTL] Andrew Hammond for Nate Schnarr

Tao Jersey Jones

Sep 28, 2003
Plainfield, NJ
Schnarr took off in the first half of the season for Utica outproducing Graeme Clarke and Aarne Talvitie. He was up to .84 Pt/G at one point after being a .45 last season. Then he got injured and hasn't really returned to form and had been relegated to the fourth line.

Last edited:

kyne

Oct 24, 2007
Shrewd move by Jersey. Hammond has been playing well. Schnarr gets a chance to try again in another org and goes to a team where he is needed. Good asset management by Hughes as well.

SpitfireG

Sep 29, 2013
Win-win trade. Hammond was very good with habs and 1a goalie since MSL a head coach.
He's also one of smartest guy in the room. Definitely good move by Fitz.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Great move by Fitz!!!

It's always nice to have choices. With Hammond and Gillies the Devils fans have now two excellent choices to blame the loses on. One for the first three goals against and the other for the last three.

But still 7 for a win.

Tao Jersey Jones

Sep 28, 2003
Plainfield, NJ
title but thsI hope Schnarr gets loaned to Utica to finish out the season. He's the captain down there.
I doubt Schnarr gets loaned to Utica to play against Laval in the same division. Laval, currently in an everchanging second place, may not catch Utica for the North Division title, but they will want home ice in their first round against whoever finishes in third. Schnarr was missed tonight. Utica started with 11 forwards and 6 D tonight and were down to 10 early in the first. Cleveland went with 13 F/5 D. The Comets need two goals in the last minute of regulation to eke out an SOL.

Schmelzer is the captain in Utica :).

Reactions: montreal

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I'm surprised Hammond has not had more NHL opportunities. He hasn't been terrible when asked to play outside of one truly poor short sample NHL showing. He will get opportunities down the stretch here with NJ once he returns and maybe can earn a contract for next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad