Confirmed Signing with Link: [NJD] G Tyler Brennan signs ELC with the Devils (3 years, $870k AAV; begins 2023-24)

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
He was playing well this year heading into the playoffs but I have noticed he hasn't played the last few games so I'm assuming he's been hurt. His WHL team has been struggling since he went down. That also could be a factor that they advanced to the 2nd round of the playoffs and they are playing a better team.

Halakitlikethat

Oct 10, 2013
British Columbia
Really sucks he got hurt. He played really well down the stretch.

He was playing well this year heading into the playoffs but I have noticed he hasn't played the last few games so I'm assuming he's been hurt. His WHL team has been struggling since he went down. That also could be a factor that they advanced to the 2nd round of the playoffs and they are playing a better team.
They still won the series after he got hurt so wouldn’t say they are struggling. Their other goalie, Young, is also drafted to the NHL by Vancouver. Seattle is stacked, doesn’t matter who’s in net it was gonna be a tall order.

Reactions: PizzaAndPucks

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
has the potential to be a starter no doubt. Lacking consistency
Down the road maybe. Devils have Blackwood and Bernier contracts expiring I belive. Either they'll sign a 1B option to tandem with Vanecek next season or promote Schmid who played well when he was recalled this year.

This would mean the goalie tandem in Utica next year could be Daws & Brennan. Either that or some other combination that means Brennan could get starter minutes in the ECHL which isn't a terrible option for young goalies.

Halakitlikethat

Oct 10, 2013
British Columbia
He just seemed really steady in the games I went to down the stretch. Wasn’t giving out bad rebounds and was just a calming presence for the cougars. Really happy to see he signed.

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
He just seemed really steady in the games I went to down the stretch. Wasn’t giving out bad rebounds and was just a calming presence for the cougars. Really happy to see he signed.
did you see him in the middle of the season? There was a longish stretch where he struggled. I'm guessing he had a small nagging injury?

Halakitlikethat

Oct 10, 2013
British Columbia
did you see him in the middle of the season? There was a longish stretch where he struggled. I'm guessing he had a small nagging injury?
Not sure about an injury but he really took the ball and ran with it starting in the new year. I didn’t make it to many games before February this season though to watch him live. He solidified himself as the starter as the season went on and the coach would even play him both games on a back to back.

Reactions: My3Sons

Zubrus Coffee Maker

Blinded by my Zubrus
Nov 14, 2008
Cobourg, ON
His numbers aren’t very good, but he’s big and athletic. The Devils are better off keeping him and seeing if he takes a step up with pro-style coaching, he’s worth a lottery ticket at this rate. Personally I’m not sure where he’ll end up as far as a pro goalie, but sometimes these guys figure it out and make it look easy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad