Waived: [NJD] G Keith Kinkaid waived by the Devils (cleared)

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
giphy.gif

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Jackets should be all over this. He's not great but he's gotta be better than Martin and Greaves...

....right.....? ....... right?!?

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
He should clear without a second thought, he's not an NHL goalie anymore.

Rob Blake is foaming at the bit right now trying to claim Kincaid for his four-headed goalie monster: Talbot, Copley, Kincaid, and Rittich!!! That's four AHL-caliber goalies!!! If each guy catches fire at exactly the right time, Los Angeles won't lose another game this season

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Yup.

Since the start of the 2018-2019 season, he's played 59 games and had a .893 SV% and 3.26 GAA.

Nobody is snatching him on waivers.

Is he really completely cooked?

Seems like 2/3 of his games the last couple years went alright, statistically. But i haven't happened to actually watch any of them.

Goptor

Jun 30, 2016
Is he really completely cooked?

Seems like 2/3 of his games the last couple years went alright, statistically. But i haven't happened to actually watch any of them.

He was set to play for the Chicago Wolves this year.

Devils had an injury to their #3 goalie and they don't have anyone else remotely close to NHL capable. He was picked up on a 2-way deal for insurance.

Reactions: biturbo19

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
He was set to play for the Chicago Wolves this year.

Devils had an injury to their #3 goalie and they don't have anyone else remotely close to NHL capable. He was picked up on a 2-way deal for insurance.

Ahhh. I didn't know they had a loan arrangement set up there. I was wondering at one point if the Canucks might not lend one of their surplus netminders to the Wolves. Before Spencer Martin got claimed.

Is Kallgren not at least kind of vaguely NHL capable for a stint?

Obviously the Devils don't have anything to gain with Kinkaid. If Vanacek gets back on track, and Smid probably starts to shoulder more of the load.

But i was wondering if Kinkaid is so cooked that he couldn't be of use to someone like Tampa?

HairyKneel

Jun 5, 2023
I didn’t realize he still played. Reminded me of the old waiver draft where Pat Quinn used to expose Behn Wilson every year. I think the Canucks acquired Big Benn’s rights from the Hawks when he was basically baked physically. I think he went through one physical and then Paddy kept exposing him year after year like it was an ongoing joke.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad