Confirmed Trade: [NJD/DAL] Colin Miller for 2025 5th round pick

serp

Jan 17, 2016
okay mate

I heard the same about John Marino from Pens fans last year and he has been absolutely amazing in NJ so whatever

He's not a John Marino. At best Miller is an incredibly mistake prone third pairing offensive defenseman.

BigTomBomber

Nov 17, 2017
okay mate

I heard the same about John Marino from Pens fans last year and he has been absolutely amazing in NJ so whatever

He wasnt great, but as a 3rd pairing guy he’s solid for the price. There’s a reason he’s been a bit of a journeyman his entire career though. Could do way, way worse. Its a win/win with Dallas re-signing Hanley for a milliom less (who’s a better “defensive” D)

Reactions: Zajacs Bowl Cut

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
Not a bad guy @ $1.8 for a final yr for njd and, barring massive injuries, was unnecessary for Dallas and clears up $1.8

This is where I'm at. He's going to be on the third pair at 1.8 million. Meanwhile Erik Johnson just got over 3 for a year.

I don't need him to be great. Seems like a decent move to be what the devils need him to be

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I think this is a pretty good move by the Devils . We needed :
1. Veteran / experienced guy - check
2. RHD - check
3. Only signed for 1-2 years. Stop gap until Nemec is ready - check
4. Low cap hit - check

I’d say that is a good move . Hard to find someone that is all of what we were looking for . If course I’d prefer a Goudas / Soucy type D , but they went for double or more $$$ .

Reactions: MasterofGrond

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
He's a regular season guy who can take a shift. In the playoffs with the intensity turned up he's unplayable and can't complete a pass... like any pass at all.

All his stats can be disregarded because he was carted around by Heiskanen for half the year.

He will occaisionally put his head down and shoot as hard as he possibly can and the puck will bounce off 3 things and somehow go in so that's a positive.

Very nice work by Nill to get any asset at all and move on.

Reactions: BigTomBomber

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Reactions: Zubrus Coffee Maker

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
I think this is a pretty good move by the Devils . We needed :
1. Veteran / experienced guy - check
2. RHD - check
3. Only signed for 1-2 years. Stop gap until Nemec is ready - check
4. Low cap hit - check

I’d say that is a good move . Hard to find someone that is all of what we were looking for . If course I’d prefer a Goudas / Soucy type D , but they went for double or more $$$ .
Tanev

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Nemec is going to take his spot by mid year latest, and Miller and Smith will be 7/8 D in the postseason. It’s fine. Not everyone can be rock solid on your d corps.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
Yeah. Why rush it when you have a contending team now. Even if he is ready it’s a lot to ask for a full season with playoffs from both him and Hughes.
Yeah, that's the concern. This gives some protection, so we don't have to force both Hughes and Nemec to the NHL if they don't look 100% ready. We've now got 8 defensemen:

LHD: Siegenthaler, Smith, Bahl, Hughes
RHD: Hamilton, Marino, Miller, Nemec

Maybe Hughes and Nemec will be in top-6 roles all season. Maybe not. But now we don't have no choice but to push them into those roles.

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
Not sure what Miller becomes theses days, but it shoud still worth a try! I like what NJ makes this year.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
I thought he was decent in Dallas, but I’m not upset to see him moved. Opens up a spot for our younger defencemen

Reactions: Sports2

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Look we Stars fans really hated him and are glad he's gone but looking at what defenseman are getting paid on the market it seems like as UFA we would've gotten 3-4M per season for some reason

Last edited:
Reactions: Starry Knight

Fulmination

Nov 1, 2019
Miller was worse. Much worse. Miller deserved his scratches in the playoffs. He was that bad.
And Suter handed the series over with a front net break out pass. Suter was horrible and cost them more games than any other single person.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
And Suter handed the series over with a front net break out pass. Suter was horrible and cost them more games than any other single person.

Colin Miller was healthy scratched in favor on Jani Hakanpää who could barely move ( and even healthy he is already slow ) with a f***ed up back and knee and it was well deserved

Reactions: LT

Nico Hischier

Nov 22, 2017
Colin Miller was healthy scratched in favor on Jani Hakanpää who could barely move ( and even healthy he is already slow ) with a f***ed up back and knee and it was well deserved
Hopefully Colin Miller will be healthy scratched in favor of Simon Nemec. At least he should be an upgrade over Brenden smith

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad