Confirmed Buy-Out [NJD] Cory Schneider bought out by the Devils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Would Schneider even make it in the ECHL at this point ? Maybe he should try going overseas in the UKs hockey league like Etem, if that doesn't work out maybe a beer league in his hometown ?

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Lowkey the Devils lost the trade with the Canucks for the 9th overall pick.

The Devils got nowhere, wasn't Schneider's fault though. But it's a bummer he's had a wasted career so far, don't know what he did to deserve that. Remember how lights out he was with the Manitoba Moose in the 2009 Calder Cup run.

Last edited:
Reactions: CS95

TorontoMedia

Aug 11, 2020
I cannot comprehend any devils fan being upset about this (I am a devils fan)

It’s been clear since what 2017 or 2018 that he’s not a starter, let alone an NHL caliber goalie.

this man lost 19, yes... 19 starts in a row (or was it more?) and what happens? He somehow gets to keep his starting job this year. Why that was ever a thing in the first place is confusing, but he did get another chance.

eventually he got sent down and I believe had a below .880 save percentage in the AHL in first 6 starts. He is a terrible goaltender and does not deserve to be on an nhl contract. This was the right move and there is absolutely no debating it... the 2 mil in cap space is still better than having Cory in goal.

TorontoMedia

Aug 11, 2020
Lowkey the Devils lost the trade with the Canucks for the 9th overall pick.

The Devils got nowhere, wasn't Schneider's fault though. But it's a bummer he's had an unlucky career so far. Remember how lights out he was with the Manitoba Moose in the 2009 Calder Cup run.
This is not low key at all...

aonb

Oct 26, 2013
As much as I love Schneider, I can't see him getting a job in this flooded goalie market.

I think given his Swiss citizenship he signs over there for a year or two to hopefully rediscover his game and try an NHL comeback after

in a year or two he'll be 36 and retired, not in the nhl

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
There will be no NHL contract for Cory.. in fact, I would not be shocked if he retired.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Absolute bizarre how badly he fell off as a goaltender. How quickly he went from top of the league...to actual buyout. Goalies are weird man.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
His body failed him basically. His hips are swiss cheese.

It's just like, Exhibit A, in why you don't want to sign a goaltender that far into their 30s. Like, as much as Markstrom was the "MVP" of the Canucks this year...i'd much rather see them just roll forward with Demko and a cheap stopgap tandem guy. Schneider had the better resume, and the better peak, and look where that's ended up?

Just can't trust goalies in general. Especially can't trust them when they encroach on their 30s.

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
I wouldn't mind the Kings signing him. We have had success with getting goalies back there games.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
The Devils bought him and he’s now under contract with the Islanders. Save the talk for a more recent thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad