Ruutu Tootoo

Oct 16, 2014
Morris County, NJ
:devils
Ryan Callahan
Taylor Raddysh

:bolts
Brian Boyle

Lightning get a familiar face for their locker room for the playoff run and shed Cap for their contract extensions next season. Devils eat salary, but get a locker room guy back and also get a good RW prospect back. Devils proobably buy out Callahan’s contract at roughly $1.933 million cap hit at seasons end for two season.

Not sure if this trade is a go or no go because I’m not sure how the Lightning and their fans value Taylor Raddysh. However, the Devils have the space to make this deal and the Lightning don’t have the draft capital to use picks in this trade, so I’m just spitballing. Raddysh also seems to be forced down in Syracuse and Johnson, Killorn, and Palat have full NTC’s so they won’t be traded. The only winger of significant salary that could be traded before July 1st is Miller.

But I think the formula of the deal could be acccurate in terms of a swap of Boyle and Callahan salary and term trade would equal a good prospect in return to the Devils.

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
Those are all closer to waiver wire value than any actual valuable players
Ugh not quite. Johansson can deff get us a 2nd rounder with or without retention. Boyle a 3rd , Lovejoy 5th to 7th. Kinkaid is hard to gauge and probably doesn't have much value and same with Stafford. I can see a team maybe throwing a 6th or 7th for Stafford before the last hour of the deadline if they missed out on a player and wanted to make some sort of a move for a veteran player on the 4th line. The fact is if we get a 2nd + 3rd and another 4th to 6th round pick we will take it and its very likely that can happen. Having every pick in the 2019 draft plus a 2nd , 3rd and say 4th or 5th round pick would be nice.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Those are all closer to waiver wire value than any actual valuable players

yeah, Johansson and Boyle are definitely waiver wire guys. Come on now.

Boyle returned a 2nd + prospect two years ago and he has better numbers now than he did then. Johansson is a top 6 winger. They will return something decent.

Reactions: MichaelJ

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Ryan Callahan
Taylor Raddysh

Brian Boyle

Lightning get a familiar face for their locker room for the playoff run and shed Cap for their contract extensions next season. Devils eat salary, but get a locker room guy back and also get a good RW prospect back. Devils proobably buy out Callahan’s contract at roughly $1.933 million cap hit at seasons end for two season.

Not sure if this trade is a go or no go because I’m not sure how the Lightning and their fans value Taylor Raddysh. However, the Devils have the space to make this deal and the Lightning don’t have the draft capital to use picks in this trade, so I’m just spitballing. Raddysh also seems to be forced down in Syracuse and Johnson, Killorn, and Palat have full NTC’s so they won’t be traded. The only winger of significant salary that could be traded before July 1st is Miller.

But I think the formula of the deal could be acccurate in terms of a swap of Boyle and Callahan salary and term trade would equal a good prospect in return to the Devils.

Raddysh isn't good enough of a prospect to warrant both eating Callahan's contract, and sacrificing a futures deal for Boyle.

I'd much rather take a 2nd+ for Boyle, and leave it at that. Picks are worth their weight in gold when it comes to Ray Shero and the trade market; give the man what he requires.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Ryan Callahan
Taylor Raddysh

Brian Boyle

It's a no-go, and Callahan doesn't waive for a bottom team (currently)

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Boyle, Johansson, and Lovejoy will all have interest. I doubt Stafford or Kinkaid will.

I’m just a Calgary fan trying to support your tank

Smith for Kinkaid (both UFAs). If kinkaid fits here or whatever we could probably resign him to backup Rittich. You could take Smith behind the barn at the end of the year and put him out of his misery

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad