Value of: NJD at the Deadline

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Devils won't be in playoff contention this year so they will likely be selling off pieces at the deadline

Available players who will be UFAs:

Marcus Johansson
Brian Boyle
Ben Lovejoy
Keith Kinkaid
Drew Stafford (lol)

Devils also have other players such as Andy Greene (signed for 1 more year) who may be available if the price was right. Devils can also retain salary in any deal as well if it helps with the return.

Picks/prospects preferred. Devils main team needs overall are LHD and 2C. I guess you could say goalie as well.

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
Devils won't be in playoff contention this year so they will likely be selling off pieces at the deadline

Marcus Johansson $4.6M
Brian Boyle $2.5M
Ben Lovejoy $2.6M
Keith Kinkaid $1.25M
Drew Stafford (lol) $810K

Devils also have other players such as Andy Greene (signed for 1 more year) who may be available if the price was right. Devils can also retain salary in any deal as well if it helps with the return.

Picks/prospects preferred. Devils main team needs overall are LHD and 2C. I guess you could say goalie as well.

We could retain a half on all of those! Greene ($5M) would have to waive his NTC

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Boyle - 3rd, possibly a 2nd if a team has an injury right before deadline.
Johansson - I'm going to say 3rd again, not because I don't think he's worth more, but with some unfortunately luck with injuries, he hasn't done anything to improve the value he was acquired for. Maybe a 2nd.
Kinkaid: Zero value. He's a UFA and I don't think any playoff team is trading for him right now. Perhaps Avs?
Drew Stafford: I'm not really sure. These are UFA's and their value is more based on can playoff teams use them - and how much will they pay?
Ben LoveJoy: Again, what playoff teams want to take a run at him? That determines his value.
Andy Greene: Unlike the others, he's not a UFA. Needs to waive, and with this possibly his last year, he's going to decide where he wants to be moved, if at all.

No #2C is coming back for these pieces.

Reactions: Bet the Over

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Johansson - I'm going to say 3rd again, not because I don't think he's worth more, but with some unfortunately luck, he hasn't do anything to improve the value he was acquired for.
Kinkaid: Zero value. He's a UFA and I don't think any playoff team is trading for him right now. Perhaps Avs?
Drew Stafford: I'm not really sure. These are UFA's and their value is more based on can playoff teams use them - and how much will they pay?
Ben LoveJoy: Again, what playoff teams want to take a run at him? That determines his value.
Andy Greene: Unlike the others, he's not a UFA. Needs to waive, and with this possibly his last year, he's going to decide where he wants to be moved, if at all.

Please point out where I said that there would be? All I did was point out what our team needs were.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Please point out where I said that there would be? All I did was point out what our team needs were.

Oh, here we go...

There's absolutely no point in "Pointing out team needs", then offering up players that won't come close to meeting those needs. And if somebody offered up something completely different than what your team needs, I bet we'd be getting back "You didn't read the team needs."

I guess it's a no win here.

And if we're going to play this he said, she said, read between the lines crap, you can also point out where I even said you wanted a #2C back. I said no 2C is coming back for those pieces.

Reactions: Bet the Over

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Boyle will certainly return a 2nd. Johansson should be right around a 2nd, too.

Lovejoy is a crap shoot. I doubt there will be a ton of suitors for Kinkaid. Stafford is garbage.

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
Depending on what moves the Penguins make, I could see the Pens adding Lovejoy as a RHS D man to bolster their depth. With no guarantee that Schultz is 100% by playoffs time, it's good insurance. Mind you, I doubt he plays unless there are injuries, but he's had success with the Pens, knows the system and fits the room. There are worse depth adds out there.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Johansson should get a 2nd, Boyle will probably get a 3rd with maybe + a prospect or a lower pick, Kinkaid won't get anything unless someone is sending a goalie back and they just need a bench warmer, Lovejoy and Stafford probably won't get any offers as you can find similar players on waivers/internally.

I suspect Shero won't be simply flipping players for picks, but will be looking for hockey trades as he usually does. So I wouldn't be surprised if guys like Quenneville or Mueller who may not be in the long term plans become throw ins. I also wouldn't be surprised to see guys like Wood or Butcher being dangled, Shero knows you have to give to get and has parted with useful roster players in deals before (Henrique, Larsson, etc).

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Depending on what moves the Penguins make, I could see the Pens adding Lovejoy as a RHS D man to bolster their depth. With no guarantee that Schultz is 100% by playoffs time, it's good insurance. Mind you, I doubt he plays unless there are injuries, but he's had success with the Pens, knows the system and fits the room. There are worse depth adds out there.

2019 5th that turns into a 4th based on games played?

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
Johansson - I'm going to say 3rd again, not because I don't think he's worth more, but with some unfortunately luck with injuries, he hasn't done anything to improve the value he was acquired for. Maybe a 2nd.

Oof, 2C no we don't have anything here for that. Its just our needs.

Reactions: Zajacs Bowl Cut

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I was just pointing out $ and what we could hold on not that it would be all, but yes you are correct.
Why you want andy greene at 50 off?

You kidding? We’re on pace for 82 points. We’ll be competing in the seller’s market. Want Talbot? Or Chiasson? Or any of our 17 bottom pairing defencemen? (No touchy Klefbom/Larsson/Nurse/Jones)

Monsieur Verdoux

Dec 6, 2016
Finland
Thats an awful shopping list for other teams... God damn!!
Best of the best.

Best_of_the_Best3.jpg

Monsieur Verdoux

Dec 6, 2016
Finland

Marcus Johansson
Brian Boyle
Ben Lovejoy
Keith Kinkaid
Drew Stafford (lol)

What about Stefan Noesen? He is a RFA, but I'm not sure whether Shero wants bring him back next year. On the other hand, his value is probably really low.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad