NJ Hfboards Yahoo Fantasy Hockey (Keeper League Discussion)

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
I like that hits, blocks, FWs are there — makes things a little more interesting.
I concur. I've been in leagues with standard scoring and i've seen teams that just load up on forwards leaving defense slots open.

I like having hits and blocks because its forces Fantasy GMs to have at least 4 defenseman on their team. If they dont, they will probably lose a category or two for week.

Also congrats @SJinNewJersey for the first week playoff win. Kicked my teams ass. I knew i shouldnt of let you in the league. ;)

SJinNewJersey

Every single one of us, the devil inside
Dec 21, 2017
New Jersey
I concur. I've been in leagues with standard scoring and i've seen teams that just load up on forwards leaving defense slots open.

I like having hits and blocks because its forces Fantasy GMs to have at least 4 defenseman on their team. If they dont, they will probably lose a category or two for week.

Also congrats @SJinNewJersey for the first week playoff win. Kicked my teams ass. I knew i shouldnt of let you in the league. ;)
Thanks, I think I got lucky with Nurse and Zibanejad having big weeks. I will say after Draisaitl's 4 goal game I wasn't feeling too confident.

I will probably get eliminated this week...

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
Statement from NJ HFB KHL Commissioner
With the NHL suspending its season and consequently the current Fantasy Hockey playoffs also suspended, I have locked the current rosters while the league is in suspension.
In the event that the NHL Season is cancelled and consequently the current Fantasy Hockey playoffs also cancelled, the following rules will apply to this league.
The team that finished 1st in the standings after the end of the regular season, Wingman77, will be awarded the league championship for this season to recognize being the best performed team over 20 weeks.
The keeper draft order for next season will follow the reverse order of the regular season standings, i.e Zippy316 will draft 1st and Wingman77 will draft 12th. Snake draft rules still apply, so Wingman77 with draft 13th, Zippy316 will draft 24th.

As always any feedback and suggestions welcome.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I'm going to bow out of the fantasy league for this upcoming season. Was just not able to keep up with it as I liked and would rather someone who can take over.

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
League has been renewed. It appears we have one free spot to replace Zippy for a new GM to come in and manage.

Please let me know if you are interested in playing this upcoming season.

If we have more than one interested then I can put you on the wait list. Usually we have at least two new managers join each season so don’t be discouraged if the free spot goes quickly. Often in the a couple of weeks leading up to season starting I am trying to scramble to find new managers, to replace people who don’t set keepers and don’t seem to be interested in playing.

Likewise for those who played last season and don’t want to return, please let me know ASAP, so I can arrange for a new manager.

The main requirement of this league is that you are active. Set your weekly lineups, use the waiver wire, make trades.

I don’t want new managers to participate in the draft then disappear for the rest of the season.

The live draft is usually one week before the season starts on a Friday or weekend night, so once the NHL finalizes their schedule, I can discuss locking in a date. Keeper deadline is usually a week before the draft.

Any questions please let me know. Open to suggestions.

Last edited:

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
With NHL start date now set, I have tentative set the online draft for Friday 8th January 2021 9pm EST.
Keeper deadline is Saturday 2nd January 2021.

Please let me know if that date and time does not suit. If you would like to move it to weekend. Please give me some suggested times.

ALSO, an invitation to those on this forum that want to play this upcoming season. I still have one team available. Let me know ASAP if you are interested in playing.
First response gets the spot. Any additional people that want to play, I'll put you on the reserve list, in case we have further people from last season that don't want to play this season.

Last edited:

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
I’ve decided to move the keeper deadline forward a couple of days to Saturday 2nd January 2021. Hope that is OK with everyone. Last season there was 3 teams that didn’t set their keepers and I plan to give myself a week to follow them up and replace them with new players if necessary if it happens again.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
If any other spots open up this year or next let me know as I'd be interested in having a team and can keep up with it throughout the season.

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
Reminder of the drafting order for the upcoming season (Reverse order of regular season standings):
1. HBK27 (replacing Zippy316)
2. Tmg
3. Laine’s Legends
4. Just Win
5. Pops Freshenmeyer
6. Bildo
7. Book Him Dano
8. Concussion Junction
9. Number 1 Team
10. Peter Sidorkiewicz
11. Billingtons ghost
12. Wingman77

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
Bumping this again to invite interest on anyone that wishes to join this league. We have two teams that didn’t set keepers that I have PM for a response.

If they don’t get back to me within the next 3 days, then we might have to run only 10 teams this season, if there is no other interested players.

Draft this upcoming Friday night.

johnny pierogi

15 MINUTES OF FAYNE
Aug 11, 2016
Warren County
Bumping this again to invite interest on anyone that wishes to join this league. We have two teams that didn’t set keepers that I have PM for a response.

If they don’t get back to me within the next 3 days, then we might have to run only 10 teams this season, if there is no other interested players.

Draft this upcoming Friday night.

is this a strictly for fun league or is there money on the table?

south jersey devil

Aug 27, 2019
If you’re still looking ..... I’ll join up. As long as it’s a free league.

Been doing fantasy hockey for years... well decades to be exact..... but who’s counting.

KovalchukFistPump

Too lazy to change username
Dec 24, 2008
California
I'd be interested in joining in a league too. Preference would be to play for something (even a small $10-20 buy-in) but could do a free one too.

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
I'd be interested in joining in a league too. Preference would be to play for something (even a small $10-20 buy-in) but could do a free one too.
I’ll put you on the reserve list.

There were 2 teams that didn’t set their keepers and I have now sent emails to two new people to replace them. If there is another person that wants to pull out, I will contact you via PM.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad