Post-Game Talk: NJ drops another one in NC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
I know his absence isn't the sole reason for where we're at, but this stretch has really showed the importance of Zubrus' versatility, forecheck, PK ability, size, and boardwork. He is an absolute beast when it comes to the little things, but that's where we're really struggling.

I could never understand the hate this guy would get just because he never put up big numbers. The guy is a tremendous player. Easily one of my favorites to ever play for this team.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
[Defensive problems] It all started when players started getting rotated in and out of the lineup for seemingly no reason other than a loss. A. DeBoer killed the continuity of the pairings and B. He made the most vulnerable nervous to lose their starting position. I personally think the moves with Tallinder, Fayne and Larsson in and out have been horrible decisions. You don't create a spark by moving d-men in and out...I think it has been the worst decision since DeBoer has been at the helm.

I agree at least 98%. Even winning and losing hasn't always determined when we restart the carousel on the defense though. And I don't put all of the blame on DeBoer, Lou's the one that created this eight-D monstrosity and refuses to alleviate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad