Proposal: NJ–ANA / NJ–LA / NJ–MIN

Monsieur Verdoux

Dec 6, 2016
Finland
Corey Masisak listed few interesting trade targets for the Devils in his The Athletic article earlier this week: "So who might the Devils be interested in should Shero choose to make another early-season swap? Below is a list of players our writers deemed available in some fashion that just might fit what New Jersey could be looking for."

Brandon Saad, Alexander Wennberg, Jesse Puljujärvi, Tyler Toffoli, Andreas Athanasiou, Charlie Coyle, Alex Goligoski, Brandon Montour, Jake Muzzin, Alec Martinez, Julius Honka

Pending UFAs (closer to the deadline):
Jakob Silfverberg, Wayne Simmonds, Kevin Hayes, Gustav Nyquist, Matt Duchene

Bonus: Adam Henrique

I'm particularly interested in Toffoli, Silfverberg, Coyle, Muzzin and Montour. So the question is what it would take to get one of the players to the Devils? Or is there anyone in the Devils roster who might interest you?

I'm not ready to trade Hischier, Hall and Palmieri, and I would be very hesitant to trade Smith or Bratt. However, if the price is right (for instance Larsson for Hall) I'm ready for anything. I also wouldn't trade our first round pick any of those players, because I don't wan't to follow the path the Senators took last season.

NJD roster: Hischier, Hall, Palmieri, Zajac, Coleman, Noesen, Wood, Johansson, Zacha, Bratt, Seney, Boyle, Anderson, Stafford, Dea, Greene, Vatanen, Mueller, Severson, Butcher, Lovejoy, Santini, Yakovlev, Kinkaid, Schneider

Prospects: Smith, McLeod, Boqvist, Zetterlund, Studenic, Talvitie, Pakkila, Maltsev, Zaitsev, Davies, Walsh, Quenneville, Bastian, Sissons.

Couple examples just for fun:

LA –> NJ: Tyler Toffoli
NJ –> LA: Will Butcher (+ 2nd)

I'd hate to lose Butcher but you got to give something to get something. I'd be ready to do this trade after this season, when Ty Smith can hopefully take Butcher's place in the lineup. I'm not sure every Devils fans would do this trade. Anyway it would be more reasonable to trade Butcher for a second line center (if Zacha can't handle the job) or a first or second pair left-handed dman.

MIN –> NJ: Charlie Coyle (or Nino Niederreiter)
NJ –> MIN: Miles Wood + 2nd

I know this isn't enough for Coyle.

ANA –> NJ: Jakob Silfverberg
NJ –> ANA: ?

Silfverberg is a really interesting player but I don't have any clue what his value is.

LA –> NJ: Jake Muzzin
NJ –> LA: ?

Same as above.

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
LA doesn't need anymore LHD! That's why Muzzin and Martinez are listed here. LA needs offense. Which is dumb to trade Toffoli for Butcher.

With what NJ has to trade and what LA needs in a trade...makes these two teams bad trading partners.

Monsieur Verdoux

Dec 6, 2016
Finland
LA doesn't need anymore LHD! That's why Muzzin and Martinez are listed here. LA needs offense. Which is dumb to trade Toffoli for Butcher.

With what NJ has to trade and what LA needs in a trade...makes these two teams bad trading partners.
Ok, thanks for the information. I don’t know what the Kings, Wild or Ducks need so it’s good to hear that from someone who knows.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Coyle, and especially Nino, are by no means untouchable, but I don't see a lot that NJ has to offer. Wood + 2nd doesn't get anything done for a team that is trying to contend this year.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
The MIN deal does nothing for us. As underwhelming as Nino has been, I still wouldn’t even consider it.

Reactions: Digitalbooya

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
Unless you're giving us Vats back I don't see anything workable for a Montour trade. We'd need a top 4 RHD back since we have no one to take his place, and trying to fill the gap with a lesser player and picks seems counter-intuitive at this point. Ducks are trying to get better, not tank.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Unless you're giving us Vats back I don't see anything workable for a Montour trade. We'd need a top 4 RHD back since we have no one to take his place, and trying to fill the gap with a lesser player and picks seems counter-intuitive at this point. Ducks are trying to get better, not tank.

Yeah I don't see why his name is out there at all.

As far as Silf goes, I have to think multiple playoff teams would be offering or willing to give up their 1st. I'd say 1st + 2nd/equivalent prospect will be in the ballpark of what it would take to land him.

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
No to both.

I’d build a package starting with our 1st, but Butcher and Zacha are far too important to be included here.
Look Kings dont want your garbage,you got to give to get.Kings arent giving away a top 6 forward and a top 4 defensemen for peanuts.If you're not willing to part with quality assets for quality players,then lock this thread up.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Look Kings dont want your garbage,you got to give to get.Kings arent giving away a top 6 forward and a top 4 defensemen for peanuts.If you're not willing to part with quality assets for quality players,then lock this thread up.

I didn’t create the thread...? I’m just responding to the proposals posted within...?

Pardon me for being hesitant to move our 23-year-old 40-point defenseman... or our 21-year-old upward-trending power forward top-6 C... both with pluses (1sts, even)... for a 30-year-old pending free agent.

I like Muzzin a lot, but the Devils just aren’t in a position to be making a trade like that at this time.

No need for the hostility. Relax.

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
Zacha + 1st for Muzzin + Amadio

That's ugly from an LA point of view. Zacha hasn't showed anything more than being a good 3C; same as Amadio. And Muzzin for a 1st is a good start but would need more

What side did he play during the cup runs?

Left side with Greene on the right. Martinez only moved to the Right side because of the Voynov situation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad