Speculation: Fire Rob Blake Blow it Up Offseason Thread (update: Robitaille and Blake stay)

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Contracts won’t stop him getting fired unless finances are the only concern. If the financial situation is that bad there are bigger issues than Blake.

Btw. I’d have no issue with Hiller returning to run the pp, as we know he’s good in that role. I think it’s unlikely though as a new coach will rightly want his own team.
Supposed to be good at that....honestly, I don't know....mini-mite teams have more movement on a PP than those guys did....

BTW f*** you for making me agree with Kurrilino....now I gotta go shower......

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I think its 50/50 Blake gets fired if they lose on Wednesday. He's had 7 years to build the roster how he wanted to and its lead to 0 playoff series wins and the big offseason move that he made completely backfired.

I don't think Luc would get fired, but certainly his role in hockey operations has to be put into question.

I like Hiller, but probably not has full time head coach. Don't know much about DJ Smith to know if they should retain him or not.

Reactions: AbsentMojo

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
When there is a shut out at home in the playoffs, you can’t single out PLD because a bunch of other guys also failed to show up. Same for army. He’s out there in front of the camera with snug pants suffering like the rest of us who are happy to hang around.
Similar to "If everyone is good, no one has to be great."

If everyone sucks, you can't blame individual players.

Last edited:

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
I think its 50/50 Blake gets fired if they lose on Wednesday. He's had 7 years to build the roster how he wanted to and its lead to 0 playoff series wins and the big offseason move that he made completely backfired.

I don't think Luc would get fired, but certainly his role in hockey operations has to be put into question.

I like Hiller, but probably not has full time head coach. Don't know much about DJ Smith to know if they should retain him or not.
Probably 50/50 but if they lose, I don't think you have a choice, unless they really believe in the roster and lay everything at the head coach.....both of them, but I don't think that's the case, but....wait for it...Dustin Brown..new GM, with Dustin Penner Head coach....

That's just to piss everyone off....

Reactions: BehindEnemyLines

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Similar to "If, everyone is good, no one has to be great."

If everyone sucks, you can't blame individual players.
f***ing watch me.

Phillip Danault: f*** you
Pierre-Luc Dubois: f*** you (TWICE!)
Anze Kopitar: f*** you
Trevor Lewis: f*** you
Blake Lizotte: f*** you
Akil Thomas: f*** you
Viktor Arvidsson: f*** you
Kevin Fiala: f*** you
Trevor Moore: f*** you
Quinton Byfield: f*** you
Carl Grundstrom: f*** you
Arthur Kaliyev: f*** you
Adrian Kempe: f*** you
Alex Laferriere: f*** you
Mikey Anderson: f*** you
Brandt Clarke: f*** you
Drew Doughty: f*** you
Andreas Englund: f*** you
Vladislav Gavrikov: f*** you
Jacob Moverare: f*** you
Matt Roy: f*** you
Jordan Spence: f*** you
Pheonix Copley: f*** you
Aaron Dell: f*** you
David Rittich1: f*** you
Cam Talbot: f*** you

Martyros

Allow me to retort
Aug 13, 2005
Holly Hood
I didn't mind the Fiala trade at all. I would've liked it to be for Faber alone, but it was what it was. Faber was going to sign there anyway.

The Dubois trade? the signing? And taking on salary with Provorov? Forcing us to dumpster dive for 2 goalies?

There was 1 player I said outloud to myself that "I hope no one in our organization attempts to get this guy" and that was Dubois when he just coasted for 15 seconds on the ice and went back to the bench right before getting traded to the Jets. I have never seen such a talented player not give 2 shits about anything.
I don't know if we can save money if he gets bought out as soon as the next window opens.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
The Kings aren't a team yet! They are lacking and have a logjam at Centre. Not sure what the hell numbnuts Blake was trying to pull off but its about to blow up in his face and I'm sure he's on the chopping block! Not sure if the Owners take down Luc too as he was part of this also, how much is to be determined. I imagine the firing(s) will come quick probably soon after the season ends...And some tough decisions will have to be made...don't see any of the UFA's coming back and some of our RFA's will be priority some will be sold,given away...The goaltending situation is a mess...maybe the Kings go to Europe and pull a veteran 'tender outta there cause the shit we have ain't working...and another D-man maybe 2-3 depending on if Gavrikov stills wants to be around has to be found and brought in...and like I said a Logjam at Centre...and lack of chemistry really hurt plus a big imposing LWinger would help but we don't have one of those...Andre Lee could have been if he had stayed in College another 1-2 seasons as it sits he's an extreme long shot to make the team and have any sort of impact other than a 14th-15th Forward at best and at worst a career Minor Leaguer or he ends going back home to Sweden...All in all the Kings didn't seem quite right this season even after some moments when they were good/great but maybe that was just a mirage

Reactions: Jungle Boy

BaileyFan

Jun 14, 2023
I didn't mind the Fiala trade at all. I would've liked it to be for Faber alone, but it was what it was. Faber was going to sign there anyway.

The Dubois trade? the signing? And taking on salary with Provorov? Forcing us to dumpster dive for 2 goalies?

There was 1 player I said outloud to myself that "I hope no one in our organization attempts to get this guy" and that was Dubois when he just coasted for 15 seconds on the ice and went back to the bench right before getting traded to the Jets. I have never seen such a talented player not give 2 shits about anything.
I don't know if we can save money if he gets bought out as soon as the next window opens.
Blake tried to get him less than one week after that display but CBJ wanted players instead of more futures. That was the year we picked Clarke btw. Imagine if that had happened or if Pacioretty hadn’t saved Blake from himself by rejecting that trade in 2018. We could’ve been rid of Blake much sooner.

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Just out of interest...
We scored 0 PP goals in a whole playoff series and you think Hiller is good.
What would bad actually look like?
Hiller has a good track record as a pp coach, a very good one. I think the roster is the issue, not him.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Very interesting analysis 8 part twitter post. Net/net is Brisson clients way overpaid as compared to other agents

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Very interesting analysis 8 part twitter post. Net/net is Brisson clients way overpaid as compared to other agents

Not really interesting, to be honest, extremely small statistical output, why pick Kempe and Englund and not, Doughtly and Fiala?

The only thing it really does, is say that Brisson does well for his clients...that's literally the only inference you can bring from that,

Reactions: Statto and BigBrown

jtalton

Sep 19, 2018

I havent even seen his talent to be honest. He is a big guy that can skate when he feels like it. His passes are not crisp, his shot is not that accurate. His possession skills are dog sh-t. I honestly don't think he is even that talented.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Blake tried to get him less than one week after that display but CBJ wanted players instead of more futures. That was the year we picked Clarke btw. Imagine if that had happened or if Pacioretty hadn’t saved Blake from himself by rejecting that trade in 2018. We could’ve been rid of Blake much sooner.
You have a link or how you know this?

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Supposed to be good at that....honestly, I don't know....mini-mite teams have more movement on a PP than those guys did....

BTW f*** you for making me agree with Kurrilino....now I gotta go shower......
😂. Please forgive me.

Actually before he took over as HC the pp was ok and it was great last season. This year the PP had a slow start without any RHS but it picked up once they adjusted. After he took over as HC the regression kicked in.

Kudelski37

Feb 19, 2021
You have a link or how you know this?
Just Google it. There are plenty of links with LA being interested in PLD before he wound up in Winnipeg. I found them when looking for when he was first rumored to LA from Winnipeg.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
😂. Please forgive me.

Actually before he took over as HC the pp was ok and it was great last season. This year the PP had a slow start without any RHS but it picked up once they adjusted. After he took over as HC the regression kicked in.

Maybe it's my shitty memory, but the PP from October 1st, til yesterday has remained the same, no movement, perimiter passing, occassionally they attack from down low...but there is no congruent movement, there is no shot mentality, there is very little get to the net....

GameNight

Dec 5, 2021
I have that 50/50 feeling. Only 50/50 Blake get fired. Only 50/50 PLD is out. Only 50/50 Hiller comes back

Brutal.

I've always held Kopitar in high esteem, but his influence might be used to get Blake another season. Brisson certainly will use his. All these little voices in Robitaille's ears.

Slowly beginning to realize it's gonna be tough to get just Blake alone out of here. We might be waiting until we find ourselves in a position where ALL of them would be let go. Painfully obvious, to the rest of the World kind of obvious.

Yes, it's obvious to us on here NOW. It needs to be obvious to the people on TNT. Obvious to the people at ESPN. Obvious to the people in Canada to the point where they all start talking about it on air.

Does anyone think that any of these outlets will even ask the question "What's next for the Kings?" after Wednesday night's game?? "Are BIG changes coming for the Kings now?" NO! It's gonna be all about what's next for the Oilers.

"Kings lose to the Oilers for the third straight post-season, what do you think Biz?"

"I think they're happy they got to see 2 playoff games at home. Ace?"

"Yep. Hank?"

"It's what we all dream of. The Stanley Cup Playoffs. They're happy to have been here."

Reactions: BaileyFan

Ad

Upcoming events

• Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $2,330.00
    Event closes