Nissan SUVs

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Anyone drive one of the Nissan SUV or crossovers - Murano, Pathfinder or Rogue - and have any thoughts? I'm looking at a Pathfinder at the moment and wonder what the thoughts on them are?

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Only Murano and the Rogue, both of which I hated. Did not like the handling, which I found to be stiff. They are just not fun driving cars and the blind spot visibility in the Rogue was terrible.

I also don't like CVT's, but some people are ok with them.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
I would stay away from anything that has a Nissan CVT in it. Those things are just grenades waiting to explode. Lots of horror stories about Nissan CVTs going out multiple times in cars with less than 100k miles on them, even some with less than 50k miles.

Fulham

Jan 6, 2015
I don't know anyone who has gone out of their way to get a Nissan,

They have nothing novel about them since the dirtied the older pathfinder 4x4. and they generally are worse in essentially every way from a Mazda,Honda,Toyota, Subaru, Hyundai, Kia.

LarryFisherman

o̯̘̍͋̀͌̂͒͋͋ͯ̿ͯͦ̈́ͬ͒̚̚
May 9, 2013
Arvada, CO
Wife owned an older Pathfinder, while I owned an older 4runner. Toyota > Nissan all the way for SUVs, but know nothing of the new generations.

Hopefully that was helpful.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
really liked the boxy old pathfinders you could find for dirt cheap a while back. unhelpful. Those ran forever. i heard bad things about newer ones.
1993-4x4-nissan-pathfinder-1.jpg

Reactions: Baby Punisher

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
really liked the boxy old pathfinders you could find for dirt cheap a while back. unhelpful. Those ran forever. i heard bad things about newer ones.
1993-4x4-nissan-pathfinder-1.jpg
I drive a 93 that looks just like that ,same colorbut different wheels. Bought it with 231k miles for 500$. Still runs amazing 5 years later. I dont drive lots of miles.

Reactions: rynryn

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Are you looking at a cheap CUV or something? The Hyundai Tucson looks like a nicer product than the Rogue. I also am a fan of the Chevy Equinox in that category (it's a low-key fantastic buy for the reliability and what you get compared to the competition, IMO).

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I would stay away from anything that has a Nissan CVT in it. Those things are just grenades waiting to explode. Lots of horror stories about Nissan CVTs going out multiple times in cars with less than 100k miles on them, even some with less than 50k miles.
Yeah, wish I had known this ahead of time. Mine blew up at 104k and they wouldn't do anything for me so I had to buy a new transmission out of pocket. I'll never buy another Nissan.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Current Nissans are awful

I had a first-gen Versa, 2009. That was a great car. Rode smooth, super comfortable, huge on the inside, could park it anywhere. Backseat was so big I could put the kid's carseat in on the driver's side and could still have my seat all the way back. Had it 7-8 years and the only thing that ever went wrong was the battery which died prematurely. It was a manual though, no CVT. The CVT equipped ones were time bombs.

I think they started to go downhill not long after that. I loved that Versa so much that I was pretty much deadset on buying a Nissan for my next car. Test drives changed my mind, they were horrible. The Sentra was brand new and had a rattle and everything was plasticky. The Altima was worse and more expensive. The second-gen Versa sedan was hideous. The hatchback was less hideous, but was smaller and less powerful than the model preceding it which was a horrible marketing decision.

I probably would've been OK with the Juke though, but I couldn't find one to try out. But from everything I've read they're cool.

Last edited:

hotcarle

Jul 10, 2009
vd, qc, ca
Murano comes nicely equipped, even base. I found the trunk was small though , as they used more room for the back seats.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad