Confirmed with Link: Nino Niederreiter Re-signed (3 years, 8 Million, 2.66 AAV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Cxv9ExY.gif

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Pretty much right at Market Value. I had him pegged at 2.5 give or take based on comparables.

I'm pretty shocked they were able to get the 3rd year. He's going to be a steal in 16/17.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Heck yeah!

Same term and AVV as Spurgeon's second contract. I wonder if Fletcher is going to offer that to all the kids next offseason. That would help out a ton.

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
I'd like to see Coyle and perhaps Scandella (depending on how his year goes) at that identical contract. Granlund's going to be well over that, however, and I'm not too sure where I'd peg Brodin and Haula at this stage...

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
pretty sweet deal. I suppose were i Nino (or any of the guys coming up next year) I'd look at it as a fair compromise--get paid a little less than I could on this contract in order to be able to play with the most stacked team possible heading into the big payout contract. That's if you're completely cynical and money was the only motivation. Take a 15% cut now in the hopes you'll make 25% more later when the big checkbook comes out--even if you end up on a different team.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
I'd like to see Coyle and perhaps Scandella (depending on how his year goes) at that identical contract. Granlund's going to be well over that, however, and I'm not too sure where I'd peg Brodin and Haula at this stage...

I think they should offer Coyle that exact contract right now. And Haula that at 2m x 3, to see if he bites.

I'm of the opinion they should go longer on Scandella. Eat up a number of UFA years, bring him to 28 or 29.

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
Ya Scandella is going to be an interesting case. If he can build on the improved play for more extended stretches he showed last season, he could do quite well for himself. He likely won't put up the points to be a huge money guy, but everything else is certainly there if he can settle himself into a consistent top 4 role.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
3 years gives a lot of flexibility on what they can offer other guys. Could offer 2, 3 or 4 years depending on whose contracts they want up at the same time.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Ya Scandella is going to be an interesting case. If he can build on the improved play for more extended stretches he showed last season, he could do quite well for himself. He likely won't put up the points to be a huge money guy, but everything else is certainly there if he can settle himself into a consistent top 4 role.

The D market is getting crazy. I want to lock up the good ones we have at long term, low as price as possible. If we could get Scandella to 5 or 6 years at 3.75m or 4m, i'd jump all over that.

BurnsyMN

Mar 27, 2014
St Paul
Lets all take a moment to bow our heads to give thanks and praise to Lord GMCF. He comes through once again. Amen. Will be interesting to see what type of contracts the other kids get and when those extensions will happen.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012

The more I watch that goal, the better it gets. Bruno's is still #1 because it was soooooo unexpected, but this is easily up there with Park's goal for #2 all-time Wild goals.

This kid is just scratching the surface of his potential. Get Vanek on a sweetheart deal, and now this?

Great day to be a Wild fan.

Forget Church of Yeo, it's full on Basilica of Fletcher now:bow:

Sarge58

Jan 25, 2014
This signing is just another step in what I've waited for like forever to actually have a truly elite team that dims my memory of boring years gone by.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
That's a fantastic deal. Gives us good flexibility for the future, especially when guys like Granlund, Brodin, and Spurgeon are due up.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
It was just a matter of time on this one... the Kuemper one is the one I'm concerned with. Well... not really if Harding is truly healthy though since the Wild hold all the power, but you know what I mean.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
At first I thought it said "3 years, 8 million per".

Nice deal.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
I think they should offer Coyle that exact contract right now. And Haula that at 2m x 3, to see if he bites.

Yes, Coyle should get about the same as Nino, but definitely not over 3 mil per. I would offer Brodin and Granlund bridge deals, 2-3 years with 4 mil per year. Haula is more difficult, but your idea doesn't sound too bad.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Fantastic deal for the Wild and I'm really, really happy for el Nino. This shows his commitment to the organization and to the fans. Seems like he's trying hard with the PR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad