Confirmed with Link: Nino Niederreiter Re-signed (3 years, 8 Million, 2.66 AAV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullrun

Jan 22, 2007
The guy wasn't even playing with optimal ice time and line mates and he stil put up good 21yr old numbers.

He is on the same production track as some of the games very good vets, this deal will be a steal starting now.

He hasn't even begun to peak, and when he does peak you'll know it, gonna peak so hard

Miqqo

Apr 18, 2014
Love it.

vhpy.gif

eternalfaith

Aug 15, 2007
Minny
GMCF comes thru again!!!

And Kemps can go to the KHL for all I care if he thinks the tail can wag the dog on this one.

Slick Willy*

So a question: On an elite team, where would he fit? Okay second liner or really good third liner?

I'm glad we got him for 3 years more, think he could be the type of guy who could capture lightning in the bottle and score 30-35 goals on the right line.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
So a question: On an elite team, where would he fit? Okay second liner or really good third liner?

I'm glad we got him for 3 years more, think he could be the type of guy who could capture lightning in the bottle and score 30-35 goals on the right line.

Nino would/should be a 2nd liner on most teams in the league as is right now.

He still has 1st line Wing potential.

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
Nino would/should be a 2nd liner on most teams in the league as is right now.

He still has 1st line Wing potential.

I disagree.

I don't think he is quite there just yet. 3rd line on most teams but he's knocking on the door of becoming a regular 2nd liner (with the upside of being a consistent top 6 forward, switching between the 1st and 2nd lines).

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
3rd line on most teams? Huh.

Maybe "most teams" might be a bad statement. "Good team" is more what I mean. Love Nino, but I would need one more season to say he should be depended on as a 2nd liner.

Great end to the season, kids look great. Just need a bigger sample size to say "top six NHL forward" as opposed to POTENTIAL top six forward. Thats all, on the right trajectory.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
I disagree.

I don't think he is quite there just yet. 3rd line on most teams but he's knocking on the door of becoming a regular 2nd liner (with the upside of being a consistent top 6 forward, switching between the 1st and 2nd lines).

Very few teams have 4 wingers that score at a better rate than he does 5v5, including the Wild. Only Pommer (and moulson in his short time) had better G/60 and P/60. He is solidly top 100 in both G/60 and P /60. Given that there are 120 top 6 winger spots, i'd say he is 2nd liner on most teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad