Confirmed with Link: Nils Lundkvist to DAL for 2023 Protected 1st

roryjones

Oct 17, 2022
I do not see any reason Suter would never eat a scratch while nils lives there other than longevity
Suter is blackmailing someone. No stats or no eyeball will back Suters play. He has something on PDB and Nill. Blackmail is the only logical reason he is still playing.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
PDB doesn't have a young player problem, he just specifically hates Lundkvist.

The coach specifically hating the one guy we spent the most to acquire in ages just seems like peak Dallas Stars
It‘s not hate. It’s disappointment. DeBoer really wants Lundkvist to take these opportunities and lock down a job the same way other young guys have. Sadly, what he gets is a guy who won’t take the job offered to him.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
And my response to that is Lundkvist has grabbed the job, PDB just hates him. So we talk in circles.

He's a divisive player. People peer through the looking glass and see different things. The Wars will continue until either the player or coach is gone.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Yes.

The anti-Nils people can never actually point to anything specific. It's always "Well, he must have done something the coach didn't like". And that something must be more egregious than all of the other countless errors made by this painfully mediocre defense while providing no upside.

I'm perfectly happy to continue to shout from the rooftops that Lundkvist is good and should be playing every day and playing much more in the games. I'm on team Jimmy Nill here, General Manager of the Year :naughty: How's that for appeal to authority :laugh:

Troy McClure

Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Yes.

The anti-Nils people can never actually point to anything specific. It's always "Well, he must have done something the coach didn't like". And that something must be more egregious than all of the other countless errors made by this painfully mediocre defense while providing no upside.

I'm perfectly happy to continue to shout from the rooftops that Lundkvist is good and should be playing every day and playing much more in the games. I'm on team Jimmy Nill here, General Manager of the Year :naughty: How's that for appeal to authority :laugh:
You've had many people point to a lot of specific stuff: contributes nothing to special teams, not good defensively, bad along the walls, inconsistent passing decisions, not good at getting shots on net, etc.

I'd rather see a guy win a job because he's playing well and earning it. Complaining about other guys you think are worse isn't much of an argument for why a guy is good.

Troy McClure

Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Also, people need to be able to vent their Suter frustrations. Can’t keep that inside, got to be able to shout it into the HF void.
Venting is fine. Pointing to him in hopes you see changes to other lineup decisions is where you cross into self-harm. He’s not worth the cardiovascular damage.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
We are aloud to post negatively about Suter? Damn I need to read the forums rules on which players it is acceptable to post negatively towards and which ones aren't. :laugh:

redbeardtx

Apr 7, 2014
Dallas, TX
Also, people need to be able to vent their Suter frustrations. Can’t keep that inside, got to be able to shout it into the HF void.
It's like asking Oilers fans to not complain about Jack Campbell or Leafs fans not to complain about Samsonov. As long as they're costing their team games, people are gonna bitch about it. None of us can do anything about it anyway, might as well vent some frustration

Reactions: LT and Kipper 17

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad