Confirmed with Link: Nils Lundkvist to DAL for 2023 Protected 1st

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Hey, for once a player is going to the most obvious destination in the NHL :laugh:

Really interested to see what the return is

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
I saw some people talking about Dellandrea for him a few weeks (maybe a week ago), but I was honestly wondering about Peterson ... making room for Dellandrea on the Stars roster. If nothing changes right now at forward, Dellandrea is probably on the outside looking in, and I think Dallas would prefer to keep him.

Hey, for once a player is going to the most obvious destination in the NHL :laugh:

Really interested to see what the return is

I'm pretty excited. I know he struggled with the adjustment to North America, but I think he's got talent. I'm super curious to see how they fit Harley and Lundqvist in the lineup together though. I think they should, but maybe it's only 1 of them which would be sort of a bust IMO.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Would be nice to see it being for someone like Gurianov, and then we turn around and sign Robertson too :)

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
That said ... Dallas is definitely carrying 8 D again I imagine making that money even tighter for Robo.

The cap doesn't remotely work, but I know NY wanted a center apparently. What a magical dream if it was Faksa.

Would be nice to see it being for someone like Gurianov, and then we turn around and sign Robertson too :)

Money doesn't work for the Rangers I believe.

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
I bet Ty Dellandrea Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com

he is the piece. Rangers looking for centers

I wouldn't be totally shocked by that at all. It's very reasonable as a suggestion, but I definitely wonder more about Peterson. I get the vibe they really, really like Dellandrea. There's always been talk of the organization seeing him as future captain material.

I think Peterson would be just as attractive if not more so given his performance in the NHL. I'm torn honestly. I would not be shocked though if it's either, but I think my preference would be to retain Dellandrea gun to my head.

Reactions: RangersFan1994

BG44

Jul 19, 2021

Can one of the big name insiders confirm pls

I'm hoping to see it soon because I imagine they'll have the pieces, but I find it hard to imagine someone like Shayna would float something without being certain even if she was non-committal in the tweet.

I imagine it's a done deal, and maybe players going the other way still haven't been informed. We'll hear pretty soon I bet.

Reactions: RangersFan1994

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

I'm hoping to see it soon because I imagine they'll have the pieces, but I find it hard to imagine someone like Shayna would float something without being certain even if she was non-committal in the tweet.

I imagine it's a done deal, and maybe players going the other way still haven't been informed. We'll hear pretty soon I bet.

Shayna has broke stuff before so I definitely trust her, but the anticipation is killing me

Just sat down to begin a big project and did one last scroll through twitter and this popped up lmao

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
I hope it's no one special. I worry about him being another Honka.

Yeah, that definitely feels like a strong possibility. Would you agree though that pretty much as long as it's not one of the Big 3, it's probably a trade you're not going to be too worried about?

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
Rangers dont have the cap space. I bet its Ty Dellandrea. Fits the mold Rangers want to play physical tough skilled center. They need depth at center. I like Faksa but cap space an issue

It would have been a thing of beauty if the Rangers did have the cap space. I'd have been over the moon, but honestly, even if y'all had double the cap space to accommodate Faksa this year, it would feel like an impossibility they'd take him given the contracts you're going to have to start handing out soon.

Dallas really needs some space, but I knew the Lundkvist rumors were never an opportunity to help with that from the Stars POV.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad