Player Discussion Nikolay Goldobin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
People forget that Goldobin can play for the Canucks and Utica right now, which is awesome! Tons of room in the lineup now.

GPNuck

Nov 25, 2013
From Hockeys Future...

Goldobin is a gifted sniper with the potential to be a big-time scorer in the NHL with his excellent wrist shot. His game in his own end, particularly his defensive play, has held him back to this point. New San Jose Sharks' head coach Peter DeBoer values smart, two-way play and he — along with former Devils' coach Jacques Lemaire — helped another Russian sniper, Ilya Kovalchuk, transform from being a defensive liability to a player that is more aware in his own end of the ice. Goldobin has many of the same tools as Kovalchuk. While he may not put up the same gaudy offensive numbers as the former Thrashers and Devils forward, Goldobin has the potential to be a special player at the NHL level.

ahmon

Jun 25, 2002
Visit site
I liked him more than Yakupov when I compared their draft seasons in Sarnia.

Went to Finland and did well. Also was very noticeable at the WJCs way back.

Slippery playmaker. Playing style think Tanguay.

He and Labanc lit it up at the A.

Last edited:

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
From what I have seen hes going tk be a player.
Not great defensively yet but has all the tools offensively.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
I'm not thrilled that he's going to be rushed into NHL lineup right after acquiring him, but I hope he isn't kept around for the rest of the season if he's clearly struggling. Nor do I hope he's plopped on the 4th line with talent-less plugs and given less than 10 minutes per game.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
I'm almost certain he'll be put beside Sutter for the first game and they'll find out it wasn't a good fit, then proceed to put him onto Horvat's wing and that's all she wrote.

Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto
I'm not thrilled that he's going to be rushed into NHL lineup right after acquiring him, but I hope he isn't kept around for the rest of the season if he's clearly struggling. Nor do I hope he's plopped on the 4th line with talent-less plugs and given less than 10 minutes per game.

When has this regime ever stuck its acquisitions in bad situations? Don't worry, he'll be riding shotgun with the Sedins or strapped to Bo's side. :laugh:

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
My biggest concern is San Jose has a great forward lineup for talented young wingers to step into, yet he's 21 and has been on the farm aside from 11 NHL games over two full seasons.

Regardless though while it's not as good as the Burrows trade I'm happy to have him here and hope for the best. Hopefully Willie gives him a chance to succeed and lines him up beside Horvat to start.

Red

Dec 14, 2002
VanCity
Visit site
What do our prospect rankings look like now?

I would go:

1. Brock Boeser
2. Olli Juolevi
3. Nikolay Goldobin
4. Thatcher Demko
5. Jonathan Dahlen
6. Adam Gaudette
7. Jake Virtanen
8. Guillaume Brisebois
9. Evan McEneny
10. Jordan Subban

HM: Will Lockwood, Brett McKenzie

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
Imagine if the stars align, finally get some luck and get that much needed top 3 pick this year..

Our prospect pool at the end of June will have bumped up from the mid 20's in September to what?

Petrichor

Jan 25, 2017
Imagine if the stars align, finally get some luck and get that much needed top 3 pick this year..

Our prospect pool at the end of June will have bumped up from the mid 20's in September to what?

Probably 19.

Our prospect pool is actually quite bad right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad