Nikolai Kulemin Appreciation

KessMeRandy

Nov 25, 2013
I don't care what Steve Simmonds said. Nikolai Kulemin should be playing on the Leafs second line with Joffrey Lupul and Nazem Kadri. That would be a magical scoring/two way play line. And yes, I know he only has five points this season (in 15 games). That's okay, he's been checking. I can also comprehend numbers, so you don't need to point any out to me that make it "so obvious that he shouldn't be on the Leafs" or that "he sucks ass lol" or that "we should package him cause hes useless". The Kulemin bashers are the worst of Leaf fans because they can't understand how valuable (AND YES I MEAN THE ACTUAL WORD VALUABLE, AS IN MONEY AND PRODUCTION AND ROLE CONSIDERED) he is to the Leafs. He can play first, second or third line and HAS DONE SO. This is a thread for the people who appreciate him, and realize that the reason that other teams want him so badly and always propose trades for him is because he's A GOOD PLAYER. Appreciate away.

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios
Said it since Day 1

Lots didn't want to hear it

Its almost like everyone forgot how amazing Lupul, Kadri, Kulemin were last season. Automatically, everyone wanted to plug in David Clarkson

Kulemin does everything better than Clarkson

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
What has he really done this season? Way overrated and over appreciated on here

Never given enough credit for his role here or in media. He plays great on a checking line and great on a secondary scoring line. People said grabo played with 100% heart, kuli plays with just as much an it is often overlooked because he's not scoring goals. Its usually these types of players that are so underappreciated and underrated because they're not as flashy.

Babscocks

Jan 7, 2011
Edmonton
I don't think Kulemin should be on the second line, I think he's well suited on the third line where he is. 16 goals in his last 130 or so games, the guy just doesn't have any finish anymore. Not that I think Clarkson deserves to be on the second line anymore than Kulemin does but I think if we ever had a consistent line of Clarkson-Kadri-Lupul we would see Clarkson compliments those two better. Kulemin has an awesome cycle game but I feel with the way Kadri and Lupul can play around with the puck Clarksons better suited as the net presence, just his grit he'll hack away at the puck a lot more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad