Nikolai Belov (KHL) to sign PTO

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Good size, if his skating and puck handling are above average then why not, he will likely be the 7th man if he makes the cut. Anyone know if he's more of a defensive defenseman? Wouldn't mind if he played a bit like Petrovic on the left side.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Good size, if his skating and puck handling are above average then why not, he will likely be the 7th man if he makes the cut. Anyone know if he's more of a defensive defenseman? Wouldn't mind if he played a bit like Petrovic on the left side.

Physical defensive defenseman from what I’ve heard. Offensive numbers seem to back that up

harv33173

Oct 5, 2003
okay, pto is never bad. i get the feeling he's for our ahl squad, but i'll hold my tongue until he gets his tryout. could be gem.:nod:

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
okay, pto is never bad. i get the feeling he's for our ahl squad, but i'll hold my tongue until he gets his tryout. could be gem.:nod:

Probably NHL or back to the KHL/europe IMO.

Why go from KHL to riding buses when you are 30 years old?

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Tallon seems to always like to bring in guys on PTOs...and the only one I can recall that actually made the team and signed a contract was Brad Boyes. So, it doesn't seem very likely for this guy, especially since we are already fairly deep at D.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
PTOs could work out but their bigger purpose is to make camp more competitive and get those guys who should be stepping up, to step up. If they don't, then the PTO guy will get a chance instead and those who should have been it can go back to figuring out why they failed.

FLPANTHERS

Jun 12, 2017
Miami
PTOs could work out but their bigger purpose is to make camp more competitive and get those guys who should be stepping up, to step up. If they don't, then the PTO guy will get a chance instead and those who should have been it can go back to figuring out why they failed.

I agree with this. On paper it makes no sense to invite more defenseman as we need to get rid of one if McCoshen or Weeger will get their opportunity. I know management was at least considering veteran Defensive presence for Ekblad, but perhaps boughner is enough.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
I agree with this. On paper it makes no sense to invite more defenseman as we need to get rid of one if McCoshen or Weeger will get their opportunity. I know management was at least considering veteran Defensive presence for Ekblad, but perhaps boughner is enough.

Boughner is going to be playing? ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad