Niklas Kekki

Kibe

Regular User
Jan 17, 2012
Helsinki
I have noticed that he doesnt have many games played in Ässät Jr.A or Ässät FEL team. I still think he is one of the best 93 born goalies in Finland. Would he be better of with some mestis team or another Jr.A team? Does he have a chance to be drafted this year since he wasnt last year? And also would like to know about his ups(besides good reflex) and downs(besides size). Thank you if you respond.

Last edited:

Quethas

Jan 19, 2010
Tampere
He has been injured pretty much the whole season. That's why he has played so few games and that's the partial reason why his stats dropped this season.

Welho

Feb 21, 2012
I just wonder will Niklas stay with Ässät after this season.

Team just made long contract with Tolvanen and there is no point to keep two good goalies in A-SM/back up for SM-liiga.

Former goalie coach of Ässät is moving to HPK for next season and might take Niklas there...

Keke

Dec 6, 2011
Helsinki, Finland
Don't think Kekki will go to HPK because HPK now has very good and young goalie in Juuse Saros who has teared it off in Jr. A Playoffs

Welho

Feb 21, 2012
Niklas Kekki participates in Tuto Training Camp with 13 other players. Hope he does well!

Korkki

Mar 6, 2002
Pori, Finland
He is back with Ässät A team. Now there are two goal prospects with him and Toivanen. Hope either one will get ice time in Mestis or even at Suomi-Sarja, playing is better than waiting.

Welho

Feb 21, 2012
Kekki played a solid season in Ässät A. Hes back in track to make debut to SM-liiga.

I have understood that he is going to be number 3 goalie of Ässät next season as Tolvaned heads to play in US. He can still be at Ässät A team line up next season.

Quethas

Jan 19, 2010
Tampere
Yeah he is still small. Too small to be really good goalie.

Eliteprospects claims that he is 174 cm. Not too far from truth.

Welho

Feb 21, 2012
Yes, he may be small but also Mika Järvinen 176cm(.925) and Juha Metsola 177cm (.930) are too and done pretty well. You just have to to adapt your game so you don't get beat upstairs. I can still see Kekki be a good sm-liiga goalie on future. Hope he gets a chance on upcoming season in Ässät, or at least gets on a Mestis loan.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00