Value of: Nikita Zadorov

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I know my fellow habs fans wouldn't like it but would poehling+ get the conversation started on the avs end?

There are definitely question marks about Poehling's offensive upside, but there's no way I'd deal him for Emelin Jr.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
I know my fellow habs fans wouldn't like it but would poehling+ get the conversation started on the avs end?

Habs need a large offer which still might be rejected by the AVs. Only 23 years old and month younger as Domi and Drouin with nearly the same amount of NHL games. I suggest the following:

Poehling + Suzuki

Zadorov has 1D potential. Size, skating, defense, passing and nastiness. Prone to mental lapses which leads him to the occasional game scratches. However, DMan have the toughest position to learn. So the offer would be very high.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Habs need a large offer which still might be rejected by the AVs. Only 23 years old and month younger as Domi and Drouin with nearly the same amount of NHL games. I suggest the following:

Poehling + Suzuki

Zadorov has 1D potential. Size, skating, defense, passing and nastiness. Prone to mental lapses which leads him to the occasional game scratches. However, DMan have the toughest position to learn. So the offer would be very high.
Holy crap... I didn’t know Zadorovs potential shot up soooo much.

Almost every team would love to have him on their team. You’re not getting anywhere close to what you want.

Potential is such a slipper slope. Barberio has 1D potential... will he tap it... f*** no. You can say anything about potential because of its ambiguity. There is no way to value potential so saying something like “he has top pairing potential” is contextually irrelevant unless it’s widely considered correct. I have never heard of him being that dynamic other than his hitting. Just because what I hear or say doesn’t make it the truth, but I disagree with your analysis.

Zadorov tops out as a #4 most likely.

Still a good player and, like I said, most teams would like to have him.

Reactions: Dr Quincy

jfhabs

May 21, 2015

Poehling + Suzuki

If Zadorov has 1D potential. Poehling and Suzuki both have 1C potential...

Reactions: BabyPanda

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI

Almost every team would love to have him on their team. You’re not getting anywhere close to what you want.

Potential is such a slipper slope. Barberio has 1D potential... will he tap it... **** no. You can say anything about potential because of its ambiguity. There is no way to value potential so saying something like “he has top pairing potential” is contextually irrelevant unless it’s widely considered correct. I have never heard of him being that dynamic other than his hitting. Just because what I hear or say doesn’t make it the truth, but I disagree with your analysis.

Barberio never had #1 potential.

Zadorov just is not available. Unless you want to give us Drouin or Kotka.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Barberio never had #1 potential.

Zadorov just is not available. Unless you want to give us Drouin or Kotka.
I know Barberio never had 1D. I’m making a point. It’s based upon ambiguity since there’s no distinct way to value potential.

It’s all subjective... unless the potential is agreed upon.

I can say anyone has 1D or first line potential. The same thing goes with ceilings.

If COL won’t give up Zadorov unless it’s a massive overpayment, then there’s no deal to be made because COL will not get that.

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
I would rather hold on Zads some here said he was a 3rd pairing dman or even 7th dman so if we trade him I would target a top 6 forward even if we have to add other than that keep the big man. We can't keep piling up prospects at some point you gotta compete though.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017

Potential is such a slipper slope. Barberio has 1D potential... will he tap it... **** no. You can say anything about potential because of its ambiguity. There is no way to value potential so saying something like “he has top pairing potential” is contextually irrelevant unless it’s widely considered correct. I have never heard of him being that dynamic other than his hitting. Just because what I hear or say doesn’t make it the truth, but I disagree with your analysis.

HABs have few LHD options.

- Mete collapsed to the 4th line
- Kulak is not a 1D
- Schlemko already 31 and played 48 games for the Habs with 6 pts
- Reilly drafted 7 years ago never played 40 games in a season
- Alzer cleared waivers for trade
- Romanov drafted last year playing in Russia

Teams know the HABs are particularly weak, so if they need a LHD they either draft and wait 2-3 years or overpay on a trade.

Zadorov would be the top LHD on the HABs.

AVs have little interest in moving unless an overpayment of Blue Chip players is packaged.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
I know Barberio never had 1D. I’m making a point. It’s based upon ambiguity since there’s no distinct way to value potential.

It’s all subjective... unless the potential is agreed upon.

I can say anyone has 1D or first line potential. The same thing goes with ceilings.

If COL won’t give up Zadorov unless it’s a massive overpayment, then there’s no deal to be made because COL will not get that.

This is exactly why you don't see Avs fans making trade offers where we give up Zadorov for something. It's always fans of other teams asking what it takes to get him, and then when the answer isn't to their liking, acting like we're trying to pawn Zadorov off on them for more than he's worth.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Drouin & Kotka are not available unless you want to give us Mackinnon

Try to stay on topic instead of this idiotic nonsense.

We all know that Drouin is struggling with his lofty draft selection and needs a strong 1C to perform. Kotka is just getting started and despite being possibly drafted too high, will need a few years to prove this was the right draft selection.

However, the ceiling of both players even they're reached won't be even close to enough to entertain discussions for Mackinnon.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
HABs have few LHD options.

- Mete collapsed to the 4th line
- Kulak is not a 1D
- Schlemko already 31 and played 48 games for the Habs with 6 pts
- Reilly drafted 7 years ago never played 40 games in a season
- Alzer cleared waivers for trade
- Romanov drafted last year playing in Russia

Teams know the HABs are particularly weak, so if they need a LHD they either draft and wait 2-3 years or overpay on a trade.

Zadorov would be the top LHD on the HABs.

AVs have little interest in moving unless an overpayment of Blue Chip players is packaged.

I’m not a Habs fan at all lol. I was just making a comment on the potential argument because I think it’s irrelevant to make the argument of value based on something that doesn’t even have value... know what I mean? You can use it to build your argument, but it can’t be your argument because it has no basis.

I have no idea how the Habs would use him or where he would slot up in their lineup.

This is exactly why you don't see Avs fans making trade offers where we give up Zadorov for something. It's always fans of other teams asking what it takes to get him, and then when the answer isn't to their liking, acting like we're trying to pawn Zadorov off on them for more than he's worth.

Yeah I agree. That’s really every fan base though. Some players have sentimental value which basically makes them unmovable.

For me, personally, I think Wayne Simmonds is worth more than a late 1st + low end prospect... he has some sentimental value to me. I see a lot of let’s trade Simmonds for some bad goalie because we need one.

I was just making a comment on the guys analysis of using potential as the basis of a trade.

Reactions: jfhabs

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
Yeah I agree. That’s really every fan base though. Some players have sentimental value which basically makes them unmovable.

For me, personally, I think Wayne Simmonds is worth more than a late 1st + low end prospect... he has some sentimental value to me. I see a lot of let’s trade Simmonds for some bad goalie because we need one.

I was just making a comment on the guys analysis of using potential as the basis of a trade.

Yeah, there are definitely some guys like that around the league, but I don't think Zadorov's value is based on sentimentality at all. He's a 23 year old, 6'5" monster who led the league in hits last year, and keeps showing glimpses of being more than just a physical force. If he can figure out his consistency issues, and iron out some of the few remaining wrinkles, he could most definitely have a spot in our top 4 for a long time. He's exactly the kind of guy that at least half the league would love to have, and we'd be trying to find his clone the instant any trade was finalized.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
His value to us is much higher than it is in a trade. If we trade him than we’re looking for another top 4 LHD. So basically unless your offering up a future top 4 LHD or a young C that is or will be a 2nd liner there’s not much to negotiate. We need him around.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Yeah, there are definitely some guys like that around the league, but I don't think Zadorov's value is based on sentimentality at all. He's a 23 year old, 6'5" monster who led the league in hits last year, and keeps showing glimpses of being more than just a physical force. If he can figure out his consistency issues, and iron out some of the few remaining wrinkles, he could most definitely have a spot in our top 4 for a long time. He's exactly the kind of guy that at least half the league would love to have, and we'd be trying to find his clone the instant any trade was finalized.
I didn’t mean that his value was based on sentimentality.

I was talking about the ask being one of Drouin or their other good young guy being convoluted because some people think he’s worth more than what he is.

A great comparable is Robert Hagg on the Flyers. Although I really don’t care for Hagg, he is a hitting machine, smaller than Zadorov, but is a solid piece of meat, and plays with an edge. Not as good of a hitter, but chases hits too.

Both are very young, Hagg plays on the top pair along with being able to play the right side.

Obviously their margin is far apart. Would probably have to add a high pick plus a prospect, but you see what I mean when it comes to sentimentality and potential.

Just because Hagg is a 22/23 year old Dman logging 21 min a night in the top pair doesn’t mean he’s a top pair Dman. He’s Hakstols love child and gives him the best opportunity over much much much better players like Ghost, most recently Provorov, Sanheim, and Gudas.

Hagg is a poor mans Zadorov. Hagg tops out as a bottom pairing Dman. Think Niklas Grossman.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Looked good in the game last night. Would love to have him.

Wasn't he "available" just a couple weeks ago?

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Looked good in the game last night. Would love to have him.

Wasn't he "available" just a couple weeks ago?

Joe Sakic doesn't have the nerve to trade away big Z.

TVJmVT1.gif

Look at that gif and tell me you'd want to trade that guy if you were the Avs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad