Confirmed with Link: Nikita Zadorov Suspended By Team (Zadorov reported, Suspension lifted)

RefsIdeas

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Shawn Stepner ‏@StepnerWKBW 27s28 seconds ago
#Sabres are suspending D Nikita Zadorov after he didn't report to team on time following All-Star break. GMTM quote to follow...

Not a big deal. When he wasn't at practice I thought he could be traded for RoR :sarcasm:

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo
@BuffaloSabres 3m3 minutes ago
NEWS: The #Sabres have suspended defenseman Nikita Zadorov for failure to report to the team on time following the #NHLAllStar break.

@SabresProspects 3m3 minutes ago
Nikita Zadorov to be suspended by the Sabres for not reporting back on time after ASB. Expected to join team on western trip.

BUFFALO, N.Y. (January 26, 2015) --- The Buffalo Sabres today announced the team will suspend defenseman Nikita Zadorov, who missed today’s practice, for failure to report to the team on time following the NHL All-Star break.

“We anticipate Nikita joining the team at some point during this week’s western road trip,” said Sabres General Manager Tim Murray.

hattrick3518

Jan 31, 2011
B-Ham
Quick, trade this bum to the Avs for a 4th rounder!

All kidding aside, he is still extremely young and just seems to be working through some developmental / growing pains, wish him all the best.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
@BuffaloSabres 3m3 minutes ago
NEWS: The #Sabres have suspended defenseman Nikita Zadorov for failure to report to the team on time following the #NHLAllStar break.

@SabresProspects 3m3 minutes ago
Nikita Zadorov to be suspended by the Sabres for not reporting back on time after ASB. Expected to join team on western trip.

Sounds like he'll be benched for at least tomorrow's game.

HP00

Oct 27, 2007
Buffalo, NY
Doesn't really effect much, might actually benefit tank but either way I hope this doesnt become a regular thing with him.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Wonder what the deal is. Murray said he will be joining the team at some point during the Western trip. Thats a pretty vague statement of when he is expected back. You would think the suspension would be a set amount of time and he would report back at a certain date. Maybe he just phrased it that way and it didn't mean anything. Just seems a bit odd there isn't a specific date attached to his return.

BakedBuffalo

**** run 4 Chychrun
Oct 29, 2014
Buffalo, NY
Wonder what the deal is. Murray said he will be joining the team at some point during the Western trip. Thats a pretty vague statement of when he is expected back. You would think the suspension would be a set amount of time and he would report back at a certain date. Maybe he just phrased it that way and it didn't mean anything. Just seems a bit odd there isn't a specific date attached to his return.

Interesting point; it does seem odd.

moomoosoup

Oct 8, 2014
If it was, I'd think the Sabres would have understood and not suspended him

If he scheduled it in a way that didn't give him much buffer time between his trip and practice, I'd not be surprised if they'd just try to make a statement with it.

Doubt this is anything worth worrying about.

wheelklown

Dec 19, 2014
Batavia, NY
I think they're just sending a message to a young kid that this is the big leagues and he needs to act like it. He probably plays Thursday in the tank-off.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
we don't even know why he was suspended, there could be half a dozen reasons. He may have just had a cancelled flight or something, I can't believe some of you guys sometimes.

sabres4ever

Yes, have some!
Jun 5, 2006
Virginia
Just think... Risto and Mes/Benoit as a pairing. Tankalicious!

Could've just been he overslept and missed his flight.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
@BuffaloSabres: Nolan on Zadorov: What can you do? Travel issues sometimes get in the way. It is what it is. #Sabres

That probably explains why Murray was vague on when he will rejoin the team.

Last edited:

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
we don't even know why he was suspended, there could be half a dozen reasons. He may have just had a cancelled flight or something, I can't believe some of you guys sometimes.

People are giving the Sabres the benefit of the doubt that they would only suspend after gathering information.

HOOats

NO DOOM NO GLOOM
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
Have fun starting out in the A next year.

YouMad.jpg

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
@BuffaloSabres: Nolan on Zadorov: What can you do? Travel issues sometimes get in the way. It is what it is. #Sabres

That probably explains why Murray was vague on when he will rejoin the team.

Almost seems like Nolan doesn't agree with the suspension.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad