Nikita Tryamkin

MO!

First Line Centre
Nov 12, 2006
Just want to know what the situation is with Tryamkin. I know he went back to Russia but I'm just curious how his contract works. I'm assuming he has to come through the Canucks, bur also heard he had an issue with the previous coaching staff. Anyone know what the deal is?

Also, he was apparently quite a solid prospect, could he or his rights be fetched in some sort of offer? Seems like an intriguing player.

CP4

May 13, 2018
Victoria, BC
He's signed in the KHL for a year or two more, hasn't completely ruled out an NHL return as far as I know.

RebuildinVan

Jun 25, 2017
He is signed thru next year in the K. It was more than the just the coaching staff, his wife apparently didnt adjust very well over here. Sounds like he still keeps in touch with Goldobin so when the Canucks screw that up hell probably want his rights traded to someone else

gumgum

Oct 15, 2017
He didn't care for it in North America on a personal level. Imagine moving to a whole new place all of a sudden.
It's something we don't often consider, but if you're already financially stable somewhere and have deep familial/social ties, it may just be a bucket list type thing for certain guys to give it a whirl in the best league on the planet. Now he can tell himself, yes, I could have played in the NHL.

Reactions: One More Salami

RebuildinVan

Jun 25, 2017
And most of the fan base here would love to have him back. He was starting to put it together, was getting hard to play against in his own cuz of his reach and making end to end rushes with the puck, pretty impressive for his size. He's not going to be Chara but a really good second pairing..... Id compare him more to Willie Mitchell with more offense

Strangelove

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Canucks are constantly in touch with his agent, he'll be back in the NHL this summer or next in my opinion.

He was somewhat immature/unprofessional when he was here and didn't like Clipboard Willie.

Hopefully he's matured... I figure he'll be back for the big bucks if nothing else.

He says he watches Canuck games and communicates with Goldobin.

All that said, there was a rumour going around recently that GMJB might be looking to trade his rights.

OVrocks

Dec 9, 2009
LA
Personally, I don’t see why anyone making millions (tax free oftentimes) in the KHL would move their family to a new country.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad