Nikita Scherbak

RogueLeader39

Dec 11, 2012
Sept-ÃŽles, QC
I saw that the Saskatoon Blades have drafted 2 new europeans, so if Nikita Scherbak doesn't make the Canadiens' roster, he'll obviously be out of Saskatoon since first year euros can't be traded. Anyone have any info on how the Blades' 2 euros are doing and if they have chances of making the team?? If so, where could Scherbak end up??

Emerald City Bruin

I-90 W for 2500mi
Aug 3, 2004
Seattle,WA
I saw that the Saskatoon Blades have drafted 2 new europeans, so if Nikita Scherbak doesn't make the Canadiens' roster, he'll obviously be out of Saskatoon since first year euros can't be traded. Anyone have any info on how the Blades' 2 euros are doing and if they have chances of making the team?? If so, where could Scherbak end up??

First year imports can't be traded but they can be released. It's what happened to Walteri Hopponen last year after he and Ivan Nikolishin were drafted by Everett (The Silvertips also had Mirco Mueller as an import.) If I remember correctly, it's up to the WHL team that releases the import player to find a landing spot for him. Hopponen ended up in the USHL last season.

R S

Sep 18, 2006

From 6 days ago. Explains it all pretty well.

http://www.thestarphoenix.com/sports/Blades+exploring+trade+options+Scherbak/10193643/story.html

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
^ Looks like they already sent him down and will go with Martin and Herringer.

RogueLeader39

Dec 11, 2012
Sept-ÃŽles, QC
Hypothetical question here, what will the Tipsdo if ever Scherbak stays in Montreal? (He seems to be developing incredible chemistry with Galchenyuk and Gallagher, might convince the Habs' brass to let him stay with the team.....)

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Hypothetical question here, what will the Tipsdo if ever Scherbak stays in Montreal? (He seems to be developing incredible chemistry with Galchenyuk and Gallagher, might convince the Habs' brass to let him stay with the team.....)

He won't stay up. If he does, the picks are conditional in the Scherbak trade so Everett gets those back if he doesn't return to the WHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad