Prospect Info: Nikita Novikov, D (188th overall, 2021)

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
If he even sniffs the main squad the coming season that's pretty, pretty good.

Definitely. It'd be nice to see, that's for sure. Small bits of hope, here and there, would maybe lift some of the pervasive cloud around them.

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
This kid is interesting. Is there a general youth movement in the KHL or am I just paying more attention because we actually drafted some Russians?

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+

1+1 in less than 10 minutes of ice time.

Is that good?

Yes it is. According to the laws of mathematics, he'd have gotten a hat trick if they had just played him 30 minutes. If they kept him on the ice for the full 60, it would have a record breaking performance. These old school coaches just aren't up to speed with these advanced stats and that's why they only won 6-2.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Yes it is. According to the laws of mathematics, he'd have gotten a hat trick if they had just played him 30 minutes. If they kept him on the ice for the full 60, it would have a record breaking performance. These old school coaches just aren't up to speed with these advanced stats and that's why they only won 6-2.

If I've learned anything from HF debates, it's that production scales 100% linearly with ice time, so this checks out.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Novikov will play in his 20th KHL game today, but offensively is still at 1+2 while averaging ten shifts and seven minutes of ice time. I'll be surprised if he hits his ATOI though since today's opponent is SKA. He has been a +1 in his last three games, improving to +4 on the season.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Picked up a minus on his first shift, but at least got shifts afterwards. I thought I might not see him again for a long while. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad