Prospect Info: Nikita Nesterenko 6'0" Center (6th round 172nd)

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Anyone watch this guy at all? PPG in the NCAA isn't too bad for a 6th rounder. Does he have a chance to play in the NHL, or is something holding him back?

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Anyone watch this guy at all? PPG in the NCAA isn't too bad for a 6th rounder. Does he have a chance to play in the NHL, or is something holding him back?

Swaney, Firtsov, Hentges, McBain, Nesterenko....each has been successful at NCAA level at some point. Hopefully we get a solid NHL forward or two out of that group.

Reactions: Digitalbooya

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
Never really heard of this guy until tonight.

4th on BC in points , 2 behind McBain, 3 behind Boldy. 10th place in Hockey East as a freshman.

He's listed at 6'2" now.

Hmmm, very interesting. McBain is also looking good as a 6'4" center as well.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Swaney, Firtsov, Hentges, McBain, Nesterenko....each has been successful at NCAA level at some point. Hopefully we get a solid NHL forward or two out of that group.
I think McBain could become a Sturm type player if he's willing to change his game some for the NHL. He could be a very effective checking line player that has a touch of skill to go with it.

Nesterenko is at a spot in his development where he could go in any direction at this point. He has the size and the skill to be an NHL player.

I haven't seen enough of Firstov to really have an opinion.

Swaney and Hentges don't look like NHL prospects to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad