HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Nikita Malkin

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Sexy Nikita Khrushchev also wants to be remembered!

Nikita-Khrushchev.-AFP-Photo.jpg

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I look forward to this thread being brought up for the NHL draft in 18 years

member 51464

I look forward to this thread being brought up for the NHL draft in 18 years

Wait, you just triggered something in the depths of my memory......where is that thread about the guy naming his child after some Penguin's player from the early 90s that everyone spent ages trying to figure out?

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Wait, you just triggered something in the depths of my memory......where is that thread about the guy naming his child after some Penguin's player from the early 90s that everyone spent ages trying to figure out?

CheechooPens. Dude was a legend.

I still steadfastly believe he named his daughter Ulf :dunno:

Penguinator

Kesselator
Sep 17, 2014
Space
Not in East Slavic. Nikita is a calque from the old Greek name Niketas, which is a variant on the same stem that gives us Nicholas, Mikuláš, Николай, Mikita, and so forth.
Interesting, how come Mikita is Stan's last name though?

Congrats to the Malkin family!

p.s. Yes the weight is wtf? :laugh:

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Interesting, how come Mikita is Stan's last name though?

Congrats to the Malkin family!

p.s. Yes the weight is wtf? :laugh:

Well, Mikita is Stan Mikita's adopted surname, for starters. He was born Stanislav Guoth. :laugh: Also, Czech and Slovak belong to the West Slavic branch along with Polish and Sorbian. Nikita is pretty much a name you'd only find in the East for some complicated linguistic reasons, which I can go into if you're interested. :laugh:

Penguinator

Kesselator
Sep 17, 2014
Space
Well, Mikita is Stan Mikita's adopted surname, for starters. He was born Stanislav Guoth. :laugh: Also, Czech and Slovak belong to the West Slavic branch along with Polish and Sorbian. Nikita is pretty much a name you'd only find in the East for some complicated linguistic reasons, which I can go into if you're interested. :laugh:
lol ok thanks, yeah no i think it's enough but do ramble on if you want. :laugh:

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
CheechooPens. Dude was a legend.

I still steadfastly believe he named his daughter Ulf :dunno:

The thread has long been deleted but I found this...

cheechoopens said:
My son Andrew "Jagr" was born on 4/1/01. Yes Jagr. It's legal; it's on his birth certificate. It took several months to convince my wife to the name but I was persistent. I gave her an opportunity about two weeks before the birth to change her mind but by that time, she was hooked. She actually finds the name very intriguing. Her friends find it equally interesting because it is so unique. Hockey fans turn there heads when we call out his name in public. This doesn't happen much because hockey fans scarce in these parts. These hockey fans have good comments when they find out that his name is after the talented superstar. Either way, no regrets what so ever. Just hope that he doesn’t **** anyone or gets caught with drugs in the future. We only use the name Andrew when at the doctor’s office. It's funny because we have to coach him to respond to Andrew when we go there. The kids had teased him a little at the beginning by calling him yogurt. That happens occasionally now but he takes it in stride, unlike before. My son is too much like the official Jagr. He talks too much; he complains and wines way too much; he's arrogant and he craves attention. I had wanted to respond sooner but I had forgotten my password and was too lazy to contact the administrator. I go on this board daily for about an hour but never register of course. You guys keep me connected and informed about our team’s (also the Steelers and Pirates) happenings. Keep it up. Thanks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad