Speculation: Nikita Kucherov's next contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
6 x $6.2 million

That's a fair price and if he is THE MAN as many of think he is, he can escalate up to Stammer level at that time. Backload the contract and rock and roll.

In YzerGod we trust.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
6x6.7

A 5 year deal wouldn't shock me either. The younger Kuch is when this deal expires, the bigger the next payday is going to be.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
3 years 5,875,000 nikita kucherov

palat and tyler johnson get 6 years 5,875,000

drouin gets 4 years 4,750,000

killorn 3 years 3,500,000

nesterov 1 year 855,000 4 years 1,200,000 im thinking he gets a prove it deal

yanni gourde gets 630,000

Last edited:

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
u will see it in time or quickly when he starts this season

What if Cooper puts him on the 3rd line?

We have been talking about Drouin/Stamkos since Drouin was drafted... but where is it?

I won't celebrate the arrival of Drouin until he has showed it.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
3 years 5,875,000 nikita kucherov

palat and tyler johnson get 6 years 5,875,000

drouin gets 4 years 4,750,000

killorn 3 years 3,500,000

nesterov 1 year 855,000 4 years 1,200,000 im thinking he gets a prove it deal

yanni gourde gets 630,000

That's an overpayment for Palat and Drouin.
Killorn I'm afraid that will get more

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
What if Cooper puts him on the 3rd line?

We have been talking about Drouin/Stamkos since Drouin was drafted... but where is it?

I won't celebrate the arrival of Drouin until he has showed it.

I think we all share that fear.

I have 0 doubt that Drouin, getting top-six minutes and playing with skilled players, is a 60 point guy, minimum. But there's always the Coop factor.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
i really think opposite of some here

steve has established getting guys to sign an having one year left on rfa

he has done a great job so far on this. Most are saying kucherov gets six x six aav or higher and i was that boat but if so why isnt it done? TODDS line lol why wouldnt it be signed like hedman's deal that fast? Kucherov LOVES it here loves teammates etc..so if he was offered 6x8 years? i think he wold sign quicker than a moment!!

I see the dilemma is stevie either going long term and giving in a bit at end meaning a higher aav which matches what production he foresees in the crystal ball for nikita....

to me that is a little far fetched thikings. Is more likely or is going short term and explaining his plan on next contract etc.. with kucherov to keep what he has established so we keep everyone around we can moving forward and no kids can say hey i wont do this. If they do they get a quick slip or ship lol

remember aav wise 8.5 is the bar. So even a 2 million jump in four years should work for a kid who wants to be here no matter how he performs the next 3 years

Last edited:

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014

he has done a great job so far on this. Most are saying kucherov gets six x six aav or higher and i was that boat but if so why isnt it done? TODDS line lol why wouldnt it be signed like hedman's deal that fast? Kucherov LOVES it here loves teammates etc..so if he was offered 6x8 years? i think he wold sign quicker than a moment!!

I see the dilemma is stevie either going long term and giving in a bit at end meaning a higher aav which matches what production he foresees in the crystal ball for nikita....

to me that is a little far fetched thikings. Is more likely or is going short term and explaining his plan on next contract etc.. with kucherov to keep what he has established so we keep everyone around we can moving forward and no kids can say hey i wont do this. If they do they get a quick slip or ship lol

remember aav wise 8.5 is the bar. So even a 2 million jump in four years should work for a kid who wants to be here no matter how he performs the next 3 years

Yeah, realistically speaking, Stevie probably offered him a 5.xx AAV deal as a qualifying offer and he probably wants 6 at least, with term. If he wants less than $6.5M on a long term deal, give it to him and don't let it bother him or anyone in the locker room.

While other teams have changed model to the "sign potential impact players to term and save money in the future" while Stevie is more the old school model of being reserved and not wanting to give out term unless you have several proven years and is a part of the core.

Last edited:

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl

Nooooo noooooo no listen kucherov wants to play for Babcock in Toronto most likely!

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
do you understand the logic of what you just said? I was the guy saying your hero was staying.

So now your gonna joke about kucherov to detroit or toronto when if shoes on other foot your saying he is a lifer.

Just saying :popcorn:

Lol kucherov is staying Robert for 8 years Stevie will get it done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad