The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
1000001393.png

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Shit son. This could probably be the theme of our playoff avatars. Just use MacKinnon and McDavid intercgangibly regarding the Hart, Lindsey, Ross too. We universally agree it needs to be Kucherov related anyway.

The circles these people will spin themselves in to discredit Kucheorv is meme worthy

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
The level of mental gymnastics to say Mackinnon had a better season and deserves the art Ross, Hart , Lindsay trophy on hfboards is insane. Guy did not break at historical records this year, has less total points, less points per game, and performs worse against the top 10 teams ppg, and plays in the weaker conference with the four worse teams in the league(sj,ana,chi,az). They tout his defensive play and he is a center, but he loses more face-off than he wins.

Last edited:

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Just levels above the playing field. As great as he is with the puck on his stick, it's the "little things" that he's doing which has impressed me most this season. His positioning as he receives pucks is the best I have seen, gives him a head start on anyone trying to cover him. Not to mention he has made some great defensive reads that few others would be able to anticipate. Underrated forechecking too.

The bad body language still gets to me, but I tip my cap to this man. What a special player.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
I took this during his rookie season training camp in Brandon FL, back in 2014. He looked like a legit NHL scoring forward to me back then as he scored in multiple preseason games in impressive ways, but who could have foreseen this career.

View attachment 855127
That's the look of someone thinking:

"Do I just go out here, hit b2b 30 point playoffs, two art Ross trophies, two cups, a Hart, and show the world what I can do? Sure. Okay."

*skates away pissed off*

Also, I just want to say... I played at Brandon for several years growing up. It is awesome to see Kucherov skating on the ice where I did, following after myself and many others that did not make the NHL. His success is an inspiration, but I'm grateful my sweat from rec league and high school paved the way for young Dmitri.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
That's the look of someone thinking:

"Do I just go out here, hit b2b 30 point playoffs, two art Ross trophies, two cups, a Hart, and show the world what I can do? Sure. Okay."

*skates away pissed off*

Also, I just want to say... I played at Brandon for several years growing up. It is awesome to see Kucherov skating on the ice where I did, following after myself and many others that did not make the NHL. His success is an inspiration, but I'm grateful my sweat from rec league and high school paved the way for young Dmitri.
Still play there. Shoot me a pm if u still play

Reactions: Stammertime91

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Still play there. Shoot me a pm if u still play
I hung them up. Lifted the green team to glory in rec, managed to win 2 games in a 12 game travel season, and then made playoffs once in three seasons of HS. Averaged exactly 1 PPG, killed penalties better than Glendening because I have all my teeth, and won draws without getting kicked out like that little cheater Brayden.

Came out of retirement, joined an adult league in Texas with 2 ppg average, recalled the good old days and still managed to go .500 in a three team league in Texas.

Back in retirement after seeing what I've seen here.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Interesting: With 306 SOG this season Kuch had more than Stamkos ever in his career (career high was 303 in his 60 goal season).

Reactions: Hoek

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Hopefully the real writers are smarter than these guys but at least it's closer than before?

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
I post this and they still are doing mental gymnastics saying Mackinnon had a better season. TSN/ESPN favor the canadians to help drive ratings in Canadian market.
Five Players in nhl history have records 100 assist in a season.
Gretzky,Lemieux, Kucherov, McDavid, Orr
Three players have scored 40 plus goals in a season and have 100 assist.
Gretzky,Lemieux, Kucherov.
Two wingers in NHL history have have scored 87 assist or more in a season.
Jagr and Kucherov
Kucherov put himself in a category with Gretzky when he lead the playoffs in points back to back years and when he scored back to back 30 point playoff runs.
Kucherov literally has puthimself in categories with four of the top 10 players of all time for hockey.

Top scoring winger Kucherov 144 points 81 games player 1.78ppg
second scoring winger Panarin 120 points 82 games player 1.46ppg
24 point gap between the closest player at their positions
Top scoring Center
Mackinnon 140 points 82 games player 1.71ppg
second scoring center 132 Points 76 games player 1.74ppg
8 Point gap between the closest player at their positions

Scoring games on their own team
Mack140 points to Rantanten104 points
36 point gap
Kucherov 144 points to Point 90 points
54 point game

Total offensive percentage for their team
Kucherov- 144points/290 goals=49.4% of his teams total offense
Mackinnon- 140points/304 goals=46.0%

Points (excluding empty nets) against the Top 10 teams in the NHL:
MacKinnon: 26pts in 22 GP (1.18 P/GP)
McDavid: 27pts in 20 GP (1.35 P/GP)
Kucherov: 50pts in 26 GP (1.92 P/GP)

Goals
Kucherov- 44 goals, 14.4% shooting percentage
Top goal scoring winger Hyman 54 goals 10 behind leader from winger position

Mackinnon- 51 goals, 12.6% shooting percentage
Mackinnon didn't lead the league in goals and was 18 goals behind the goal scoring leader and the leading goal scoring center.
HE wasn't the best goal scorer, dishman, or points getter. He led the nhl in no major scoring categories.
Seems Kucherov is closer to the best goal scoring winger than MacKinnon is to the best goal scoring center.

Kucherov literally dominated the nhl from a position that is harder to dominate the nhl from.
Kucherov put himself with historical and hall of famer categories three different times in one season.
Mackinnon has more goals, better defense on a better defensive team, and plays center.
Lightning let up 291 goals this year total. Defense is a mess and goaltending was awful until march.
Colorado let up 254 goals.
Mackinnon didn't dominate or win any categories. He is just really good but not the best at anything.
If Kucherov was a canadian they would be running his season and telling nhl fans how great he was this season 24/7. Instead they are hyping up Mackinnon who had a great season, but didn't put himself into any categories with the four of the greatest hockey players of all time with Gretzky, Lemieux, Jagr, and Orr

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Let this be my closing argument as to why Kucherov deserves the Hart over Mackinnon

1. Mackinnon has 40+ more PP minutes than Kucherov this year but has 5 less pp points
2. Colorado had the softest schedule in the league this year, Lightning were middle of the pack
3. Against top 10 teams this year, Kucherov scored 1.92 PPG vs Mackinnon 1.18 PPG
4. Mackinnons PDO craters when the game is tied, while Kucherovs PDO remains relatively the same
5. 100 assists
6. 50+ points over next closest teammate
7. Art Ross

Mackinnon
1. Plays better defense(lol)
2. Plays center so has better talent?(lol)
3. More goals

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Let this be my closing argument as to why Kucherov deserves the Hart over Mackinnon

1. Mackinnon has 40+ more PP minutes than Kucherov this year but has 5 less pp points
2. Colorado had the softest schedule in the league this year, Lightning were middle of the pack
3. Against top 10 teams this year, Kucherov scored 1.92 PPG vs Mackinnon 1.18 PPG
4. Mackinnons PDO craters when the game is tied, while Kucherovs PDO remains relatively the same
5. 100 assists
6. 50+ points over next closest teammate
7. Art Ross

Mackinnon
1. Plays better defense(lol)
2. Plays center so has better talent?(lol)
3. More goals
They don't give a shit. Good ol Canadian boii got 50 goals and 140 points. Unless Kuch can go back and be born Kenny Tomlinson from Moose Testicle Saskatchewan, the bias is going to affect the voting

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad