Player Discussion: Nikita Kucherov - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Hey guys! GUYS!!! YOU GUYS!!!!!! Remember that time when I proposed trading him because for seemingly the 5th time our offense fell dead at once with Kucherov seemingly left without answers in elimination situations? How I was convinced he was what he was and crumbles under pressure?

LMAO you all owe me a trophy for the worst take anyone has ever had here. Or I'll settle for someone calling me a Maroon like Bugs Bunny and giving me Big Rig's jersey
Kucherov has had two bad series in his playoff career.

But a big thing has been reuniting him with Palat for the majority of the last three post-seasons. Between those, and the Triplet years, you get some monster numbers.

ADD: Kucherov is, RIGHT NOW, 37th ALL TIME in playoff scoring. That's absurd.

Zwui21

Aug 31, 2019
We have several guys entering "all time" status. I mean, people somehow shrugged off Kucherov's 128 point season, but now he's putting up playoff numbers that could easily end up rivaling Sidney Crosby's.

Then we have Hedman, who I think is probably going down as a top-15 defender.

And then there's Vasy. Honestly, to me, Vasy is a guy who's on a trajectory to enter "THE" conversation when it comes to goalies. The numbers are just sick, especially in the playoffs. I mean, maybe he gets hit by a truck tomorrow, or gets addicted to hamburgers, but realistic he's going to have at least another 5 elite years. And sometimes goalies don't even really hit their stride until their late 20s.
Lmao do you imagine if Vasy's current form isn't even to consider his "prime" yet? That'd be f***ed lol

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
I know we have a long way to go and nothing is guaranteed. However; if we win the finals does Kuch finally receive the Smythe?
He's been a back-checking fiend this season and is this the first year he hasn't resorted to cheap shots when the game isn't going our way?

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
11.5 percent of the salary cap. This is the guy who didn't come through when it mattered.........
He averaged 31 points over the last three playoff runs.

He did his part.

*checks notes*

It would appear "secondary scoring" and "depth" did not. Looking primarily at Killorn, Cirelli, Hagel and Colton. If those four contribute one, maybe two goals more (cause only one of those even scored...) we might be looking at a game seven or at 3 in a row.

He's not McDavid or Draisaitl, and although he's a petulant entitled little shit when things don't go his way, there's nobody else I'd rather have out there with the exception of McDavid. Kucherov sees the game and performs in a way most players wouldn't dare. Not his best night but it's not his burden this postseason. He was great. With Point, we likely win it and he hits 30pts again. He got to 28 points without a guy riding shotgun that potted 14 and 10 the last two runs. Spare me.

DarrylshutzSydor

Aug 9, 2007
California
He averaged 31 points over the last three playoff runs.

He did his part.

*checks notes*

It would appear "secondary scoring" and "depth" did not. Looking primarily at Killorn, Cirelli, Hagel and Colton. If those four contribute one, maybe two goals more (cause only one of those even scored...) we might be looking at a game seven or at 3 in a row.

He's not McDavid or Draisaitl, and although he's a petulant entitled little shit when things don't go his way, there's nobody else I'd rather have out there with the exception of McDavid. Kucherov sees the game and performs in a way most players wouldn't dare. Not his best night but it's not his burden this postseason. He was great. With Point, we likely win it and he hits 30pts again. He got to 28 points without a guy riding shotgun that potted 14 and 10 the last two runs. Spare me.
He had 3-4 quality to chances to score tonight and failed. I'm a huge fan of Kuch, but he had the chances and didnt finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad