Nikita Kucherov is the clear favorite for the Art Ross Trophy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
you-mad-mad.gif
I mean McDavid is better in the regular season. One of my favorite players in the league. He reminds of dangling, passing, and shooting at Fedorov in his peak mixed with some Crosby with his insane edge work, dangles, and vision on the ice.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
I think there was only that one season where Yzerman finished 3rd to Lemieux and Gretzky, but every other season there was always at least someone else ahead of him.
In scoring races, sure. But Gretz and Lemieux don't exist, Yzerman wins back to back Harts in '88 and '89 and then you don't know how the butterfly effect keeps rolling from there. Reputation is king in many voting awards and Yzerman was the premier scoring forward not-named Wayne or Mario from '88 to '93. And this is the first season MacK finished higher than 5th in scoring himself. And the two times he's been runner up for the Hart so far has been to Hall and Leon.

Last edited:

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
I mean McDavid is better in the regular season. One of my favorite players in the league. He reminds of dangling, passing, and shooting at Fedorov in his peak mixed with some Crosby with his insane edge work, dangles, and vision on the ice.
I'm just glad we can be neutral as fans and enjoy fantastic players from either conference without saying ridiculous shit like either is overrated. Some people just let their emotions take over, Outl4w.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
I'm just glad we can be neutral as fans and enjoy fantastic players from either conference without saying ridiculous shit like either is overrated. Some people just let their emotions take over, Outl4w.
Only one guy I genuinely hate in the nhl Brad Marchand for his rat behavior.

Can Toronto pull their goalie so kucherov can get some empty net points to negate any points he got tonight?

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
In scoring races, sure. But Gretz and Lemieux don't exist, Yzerman wins back to back Harts in '88 and '89 and then you don't know how the butterfly effect keeps rolling from there. Reputation is king in many voting awards and Yzerman was the premier scoring forward not-named Wayne or Mario from '88 to '93. And this is the first season MacK finished higher than 5th in scoring himself. And the two times he's been runner up for the Hart so far has been to Hall and Leon.
Fuhr was runnerup in '88

Reactions: Outl4w

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
Can't rely on the Leafs to do shit. MacKinnon has to put up a 6 point night tomorrow otherwise he may as well have not even played this season.

• Haha
Reactions: sanscosm

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
He finished ahead of Gretzky that year.
Why do people struggle with hypotheticals?

Pretend for a moment that Gretzky never existed. The Oilers don't score all the goals they do. Fuhr doesn't win all the games he won. And the voters would vote for someone else. A goalie playing a bunch of games for a team that doesn't win a lot isn't going to get a lot of votes.

This is where you follow up with, the Oilers were good and won after Gretzky left... but again... the Oilers after Gretzky left aren't the Oilers after Gretzky left if Gretzky was never there in the first place.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Why do people struggle with hypotheticals?

Pretend for a moment that Gretzky never existed. The Oilers don't score all the goals they do. Fuhr doesn't win all the games he won. And the voters would vote for someone else. A goalie playing a bunch of games for a team that doesn't win a lot isn't going to get a lot of votes.

This is where you follow up with, the Oilers were good and won after Gretzky left... but again... the Oilers after Gretzky left aren't the Oilers after Gretzky left if Gretzky was never there in the first place.
Why do you struggle?

Yzerman was 12th in points. He was 4th in Hart Trophy voting because the Red Wings won the Norris Division. Your assumption seems to be that if Gretzky and Lemieux never exist, then Yzerman who I guess is now 10th in scoring, wins the Hart Trophy. Why would he win the Hart Trophy in this scenario? He got 3 first place votes, 11 second place votes and 16 third place votes out of 63 ballots. Meaning he was not in the top 3 on 33 ballots.

You disregard Fuhr, assume more votes for Yzerman and not that the new guy who wins the Art Ross goes from getting zero consideration to... still getting zero consideration? That doesn't even make sense. Don't you think a lot of his lack of consideration comes from only being third and any votes there going to Lemieux/Gretzky? Giving Yzerman a hypothetical Hart in a year he finished 4th makes no sense, especially when you step back and realize he was 12th in Art Ross.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty

Damn that's wild. BUT.... did Kucherov score those when his team was winning? Were those points crucial/60? Or late-in-game prorated? Is the corsi metric of non-east-coast-bias factored in there too?

Anyways, impressive year but who cares about facts. MacKinnon is due because he upped the chick pea intake. He's due. It's his.

User9992

Feb 27, 2016
Kuch wins his second Art Ross Trophy in McDavid Era... First ever winger to reach 90 & 100 assists!

Previous record of assists by a winger during single season was 87 (Jagr 1995-96, Kucherov 2023-24).

jimstark

May 22, 2014
Kucherov finishes the season with 54 more points than the second best Lightning scorer (Point with 90 points).
Is that the second gap between number one and the next one in NHL history? I maybe be wrong but i think Pavel Bure has the biggest gap ( 55 ?) when he played in Florida )
Anyone ??

Kuch is the best in the game now so happy for him a modern Gretsky/Larionov :)

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Is that the second gap between number one and the next one in NHL history? I maybe be wrong but i think Pavel Bure has the biggest gap ( 55 ?) when he played in Florida )
Anyone ??

Kuch is the best in the game now so happy for him a modern Gretsky/Larionov :)
We call that a kucherov!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad